Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sunday Confessions | 9-10-17


I CONFESS

At my labor day weekend party last weekend I was talking about my upcoming Halloween party and how much I LOVE planning and that I had about five secret Pinterest boards for other theme ideas. I went back to actually count them, and I have... ELEVEN. Maybe I calm down on the ideas.

Then I came up with another idea when I was vacuuming yesterday.


I CONFESS

And it may or may not have taken me all week to get the energy to clean up from the party. And by all week, I mean by Saturday. #icanbeadisgustingslobsometimes

I CONFESS

There is so much catastrophe going on right now! Oregon and Washington are on fire, the multiple hurricanes, the huge earthquake in Mexico... Like, I want to stay "woke" with it all (did I use that right, I kinda hope I didn't to make me sound super out of touch, ha. is that weird) but it also feels super draining and pointless to try. I just hope everyone, and their animals make it out safely. And I totally get not everyone has the time and resources to leave with their pets, but guys, how about you UNCHAIN YOUR FUCKING DOGS FROM THE TREES. ASSHOLES. And I would totally die trying to leave with my turtle, so a part of me doesn't understand leaving your animals behind. So I get it, but I also don't get it.


Also, that video I posted on my Instagram last week is totally better with sound:

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that video is hilarious with sound! :D

    I am the exact same way with all the catastrophe and all of it. I'm trying to stay on top of it for the most part, but at the same time, I'm like...oh, another disaster? Like, oh, another scoop of ice cream? Ok.
    But people with pets...I seriously don't get it. I don't know. Like...take your fucking pet with you or try to make arrangements, it's not like the hurricane popped up out of nowhere. You knew it was coming.
    But at least there are helpers and rescue workers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to judge because I know there are perfectly good reasons but... like, hurricanes come with warnings. and they happen almost every year. at almost the same time. earthquakes, fires, and mudslides? not so much. though the most I have planned is having the kitty carriers right next to the car in the garage, with towels. Not sure what I'd do about turtle, not sure if the husband would allow me to shove him into the car.

      Delete
  2. I want to see the secret Pinterest boards, I love Halloween! I have no ideas this year, we arrive in Florida the day before Halloween so chances are my costume will be "jet lagged tourist". I think I am doomed never to see that video - for some raeson I can hear it but not see it on p.c. (I will try on my tablet, I am on an outdated o.s. right now). There was a somewhat heartening video doing the rounds of some guy driving around Florida (I presume) during the hurricane and just filling his truck up with stray dogs. But yes, it's freaking awful to think if any animals died, esp. as most shelters were taking them. My Mom went to a hotel for Irma (she was RIGHT in the path, luckily it was a Cat. 2 when it hit them), and I was thinking how if her dog was still alive she would have been stressing about that though/not wanting to leave him. Apparently they had a squirrel plastered to their 5th floor window at one point (alive!), hope he survived! :-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, maybe I'll make them public after I've had the party. Last year when I flew around Halloween the flight attendants all had cute Halloween headbands on.

      maybe you can hear it from the site i got it from: https://streamable.com/34kud#

      I saw that video!!!! And all the dogs were staying in the truck! Poor things. Ahh, hope the squirrel managed to survive! Animals must be so bewildered when these things happen. And I'm so happy that your mom is okay! Hurricane season this year is no joke :(

      Delete