Wednesday, August 2, 2017

When I take my photo vs When my husband takes my photo | AKA I am not above using filters and flattering angles

When my husband snapped this photo I had no idea he was putting it on Facebook. I can count on one hand how many photos he has taken of me... I should have known! I honestly thought he was just taking a photo of my t-shirt, ha.

But I wanted to share this comparison because it's SO HILARIOUS how different they look! I don't care, going to continue to use those awesome Snapchat filters ;) I mean, look how amazing synthetic Heather looks??? Yes, I am faker little miss faker. Though I'd still like to think I look somewhere in-between these two photos in real life... but the one my husband took was the super candid one, so evidence suggests otherwise. I know it's not that bad, but honestly, if I took that photo I would never have posted it.

And this is why I have learned to never ask him to help me with taking photos, he takes THE MOST UNFLATTERING photos of me! I mean, I suck at posing and get super awkward in front of the camera when someone else is taking the photo, so half the problem is my fault, but still.

Please to enjoy ;)

4 comments:

  1. I do think some people just take more flattering photos of others, like it's a natural gift. I look like Quasi Moto in most pics my husband takes of me too (not that you do, you look fine! Just not as sparkly/Bambi eyes, which I also totally get the appeal of!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could blame my husband 100% but I just can't figure out how to be a normal human in front of a camera. Even me taking a selfie TAKES FOREVER.

      Delete
  2. LOL You look like a Disney princess/heroine in the left pic. :)
    Beautiful both ways, of course. Shawn always wants couple selfies and I'm like "No! I hate my looks!" And when we take them he always wants to share and I'm like "dude, freaking NO." And he's like "but you're beautiful." And that's the moral of that story. I think our husbands just look at us w/o filters and such and still see the Disney princess.
    Or they are just clueless. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband hates when I take photos of us but I do it anyway. At least I give him a warning, and he can see what he looks like as I take it, and I take more than one. Like, I legit try to get good photos of us. He just snaps once, without warning, and posts. Ugh. Ha.

      Delete