Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sunday Confessions | 8-13-17

I Confess

Went to my brother's house for his birthday yesterday and he had a new puppy and a new kitten! And they were both super chill even with all the extra people. I wanted to steal them!!! They also had chickens, another dog, a few more cats, and their son brought over his dog too. So many animals! My whole family doesn't know when to say no. If I didn't have Neil I think I would have a few more as well... Thanks for a rational mind to put their foot down. Pets get expensive!

I Confess

Though it did take like two hours to get there since there was so much traffic, ick. I don't know about other places, but here we tell people how far a place is by time, not by miles. So usually we will say, oh it's about twenty minutes away at this time, 40 at this time. But usually most things are "twenty minutes" ha. 

Even when we left at night, we hit more traffic! So surprising. We took highway 17 (apparently there are more highways to the Santa Cruz area but I think they are more narrow and more windy, ugh) which is usually just congested during the day with all the Valley's (not sure if people from Santa Cruz still cause San Jose people that) going to the beach.

 This kitty was smaller in real life. Or maybe I'm smaller in real life. Either way, this photo makes the cat look very large, and she really isn't. She was super chill, and cuddly, and friendly, and didn't use her claws, and I WANT HER.
 Redwood trees! I love them so much! If this was my backyard I'd have to have my morning coffee out here every Saturday. I would even think about making pancakes (I'm not saying I would actually make them, but the thought would be there). Somehow pancakes and coffee just feels right in this type of environment. (The power line is actually across the way, not right next to these trees, but the trees are still tall)
I grew up with chickens and sometimes I'm like, I would like chickens! I have a yard... but then I remember that they poop on everything and make lots of noise when they lay eggs. And my brother and his wife say these chickens eat their eggs so they don't even have that bonus. Just loud messy chickens.
And the puppy! The puppy was large for a puppy, so no misleading photo here, and super adorable. I want a dog but then I don't want to upset my household, ie the cats. SOMEDAY GUYS.

This is a weekly linkup with Becky from United States of Becky

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so essentially these chickens eat their young? Yikes.
    I love your pics, especially the Redwoods! So beautiful!
    Your thing about telling distance in time reminds me of that part of "Clueless" when the dad says "Everywhere in LA takes twenty minutes!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they aren't fertilized so just... eating... their periods? Doesn't make it better. I haven't seen Clueless in forever, but yes, everything is 20 minutes away, ha!

      Delete
  2. Aw too bad they are such a long drive away, you could visit all the time! I know it's very stupid of me but I always forget how absolutely huge California is. Like in my imaginary travel dream I drive from my friend's house in Portland (Oregon whaaat) down to see my childhood friends in San Diego, in like two days, with a pit stop in L.A of course to be touristy. That totally wouldn't work would it?! It would probably take what...a week?? #Iamdumb.I get the pancakes with wooded, chillier type places association. I think of fresh baked muffins. And hot beverages(not that I don't drink them everyday of my life but still...in the woods, it's hot beverages all day long am I right? ;-)) That's kind of gross about the chickens eating their eggs though, cannibal chickens yuck! :-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think non stop you can get from Portland to San Diego in about 18 hours? Without any heavy traffic or sleeping? So, it's doable ;) But if you actually want to enjoy yourself and have time to visit places it would take a bit longer. Though most of that is just flat grazing land with cows and orchards.

      Chickens will eat EVERYTHING. Table scraps, bugs,snails, snakes, their own eggs, each other... They get mean if they sense one of the chickens is injured. They will just attack and peck.

      Delete