Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sunday Confessions | 7-30-17


I CONFESS

Not going to lie, feeling a little lonely on this blog. Readership, in general, has been waaaay down this year compared to other years. Like by almost half. I don't feel like I'm posting that much less... But then I'm like why do you care this isn't a job it's for fun. SO HAVE SOME FUN DAMN IT.

Objectively I know that I am not that compelling of a writer and my photos need work. But the numbers also suggest that I'm getting less interesting over time. So, something that I should be getter better at (blogging), I'm actually getting worse. That is the part that is making me feel lame.


I CONFESS

One of my sisters was asking me about Thanksgiving and I'm like slow your roll there, sweet cheeks, it's like a million degrees and I'm really not thinking about turkey right now. But I rarely think about turkey, so. Really, I'm all about my Halloween party and making lists upon lists. I need to actually start some projects.


I CONFESS

I have a zit on the nape of my neck and it hurts and won't go away. Plus I keep poking at it which isn't helping. MAKE IT GO AWAY. (I can't imagine why people don't want to read my blog with this kind of fantastic content)

I CONFESS

And guys, the awful neighbors are still MIA. My husband is taking this as proof positive that they are gone for good. I need a few more weeks before I agree. It just seems too good to be true!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think it's a matter of less interesting at all. I think 2017 as a calendar year has been busy and kind of difficult for most people...politics sucked a lot of out us as a society and I know I have been awful with blogging/reading/etc., but I think my reasons are the same for a lot of people. Mental & physical exhaustion. Le sigh. I am working on doing better.
    Pimple on the neck? That sucks! Sounds painful!
    I have some seasonal related confessions for next Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2017 has been a bummer, to put it lightly. And yeah, other bloggers that are actually like real bloggers, do notice a slump in readership in the summer.

      Ha, I just noticed you put "le sigh" in this comment and I just commented with that phrase, funny.

      Delete
  2. I think blog readership is down across the board, I know mine is. I think there are just so many hundreds of millions(Idk!) of blogs now too, the odds of getting a random hit are even lower. I know it can be demotivating though, I feel ya. My Mom has been talking about Christmas and I can't even! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On bloglovin my rank is like 66000 in all, and 6000 in lifestyle so, yeah haha. And that isn't including all the blogs that exist, just ones on that site.

      CHRISTMAS NOOOOO. I'm totally not ready for that holiday yet. Tell your mom to chill ;)

      Delete