Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday Confessions | 3-26-17


I Confess

I had a passing thought on making an Instagram account that would be photos of "accidently vegan" products at the grocery store (Accidently vegan means items that just happen to be vegan, aren't marketed as vegan, were not created with the vegan diet in mind). I found some items with that tag, and the only accounts seem to be not US based... or maybe there is and I just didn't look well enough (also, it seems like I find way more UK and Austrailian vegan accounts!). Sounds like another project I would start and then stop, ha, because you know, effort and stuff. But still hasn't stopped me from trying to come up with a name for this imaginary account. The Lazy Vegan? Vegan Junk Food? The obvious: Accidently Vegan? I keep being surprised at what is actually vegan! Oh, it could be named: Surprise! It's Vegan. Can someone just pay me to come up with ideas?


I Confess

We had a few days of warmth then more rain and "cold" weather. Sigh. I know I will get tired of warm weather but those few days were so great! But of course now with the warm and wet I've seen a mosquito in the bedroom, some carpet beetles, and spiders. My husband is NOT happy. Oh and the weird large beetle on the ceiling above my husband on the couch that I tried to smash by balancing on the back of the couch and my husband and jumping up to smash it. We "lost" it, but it turned up back on the ceiling so we used the vacuum cleaner. Should have probably used that in the first place. I mean, I'm short and our ceilings are vaulted. I really thought I smashed it, though!


I Confess

DoorDash and UberEats have been sooo great for lazy weekends. Really has opened up food choices for us :) Do you guys have these services or something similar?


I Confess

Since getting off my birth control I've been dealing with bacne, ugh. And it seems like so many spring/summer tops want to be low back. No thanks. It's not enough I have ugly feet and can't wear all the cute little sandals now I have to worry about my back???

5 comments:

  1. My husband has this body wash for acne that I steal once in a while, maybe a doctor/derm could get you some? I don't think we have Uber Eats or the other thing, we have a thing called Deliveroo but I see them on their bikes hanging out in the center of town and feel bad for them (in the winter anyway!). I like that you and your husband are united in bug killing philosophy, we could have a freaky spider that is the size of a tarantula and my husband would be all "Don't touch the precious life form", meanwhile I'm just waiting for him to leave so I can get my murder on! (to be fair we do catch and release some things but yeah if a thing is on the ceiling waiting to crawl in my ear at night I cannot abide it!). Accidental vegan sound like a thing that would totally catch on on Instagram...I mean there are so many random dedicated accounts that do well, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some acne body wash from Neutrogena, hoping that will work because I only go to the doctor if I'm dying, ha.

      Ah, having to deliver on a bike doesn't sound so great!

      I'd prefer not to kill the bugs but I know my husband will not rest until they are all dead. But he also doesn't want to do the killing. Not very fair I say ;)

      Delete
  2. Apparently we do have some kind of food delivery option here - possibly 2? - the info wasn't very clear - but they are pretty localized to the downtown areas. Although I did learn of some nice restaurants I didn't know we had here.
    Ok, I need you to do this for me:
    when setting up a link, is it possible that you would click the box that says "open this link in a new tab?" because I keep accidentally closing your page after I've clicked a link. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no,I didn't know my links were doing that! How annoying! I will try to fix that :)

      I mostly know of the delivery stuff because each restaurant has signs saying that they are part of it, like Jack in the Box, ha.

      Delete
    2. Oh, that is cool.
      I do think an accidentally vegan (or whatever) instagram would be cool and I would definitely follow that.

      Delete