Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sunday Confessions | 2-5-17


I Confess

Did some gardening yesterday! I'm not great at keeping plants alive but I'm hoping with practice I should get better. I had planted bulbs a few years ago, but then there was some pipe issues, and they had to dig up that area, then the bulbs were not at the depth they were suppose to be so they sprout really soon and get top heavy and fall over. Those...well, they will have to continue to do their thing. I was going to replant them this year at a deeper level, but they sprouted already! So I just moved them around. Will this kill them? I don't know. I also planted the plants my husband bought me in SEPTEMBER. They've been living in the house and I was waiting until the house was done being painted, but the bulbs (yes, more bulbs. The other ones keep coming back so why not more?) I bought from Costco started sprouting in the bag so couldn't wait any longer! I also planted the aloe plant my roommate left behind. Will it survive? It has so far being neglected for so long...

I Confess

Today we are having a Super Bowl Party! Er, rather, a Superb Owl Party (Steven Colbert fans anyone?) and I honestly didn't think it was going to be a thing, cause Neil invites people every year and everyone is always busy and only Kris comes. BUT NOT THIS YEAR. So of course the one time I'm like, whatever, it's your party, I'm not going to fuss with it, we have an actual party. AND YOU KNOW ME I LIKE TO THEME THINGS IF I HAVE THE CHANCE. So I got bummed that I had only a week to try to figure something out, because I honestly really like the planning stage. And strangely, I had some owl shaped mason jars already. My brother was kind enough to take me to Party City before we got dirt for my garden, so I was able to get a couple items: a banner, and a little bingo game to play during the commercials. My bingo prizes make no sense, just candy and candles, ha. Neil was like, how is that owl or football related? IT ISN'T, OKAY. I also made two batch cocktails, a blue one and a red one to represent the teams. Their colors were hard to work with because it had to be with items I had at home already because I was just going to make a clementine cocktail (cuties are in season) but Neil was like, but neither team is orange (but it matches my owls)! Gah. I think has gotten use to my theming ;)

I Confess

NEIL HELPED ME CLEAN FOR THE PARTY. Like, he vacuumed the STAIRS AND UPSTAIRS HALLWAY. He had to strip down to his chonies because that is fairly labor intensive, but that's just an added bonus, ha :) He's been helping out a lot more. I hate to ask him to help with chores because he does all the driving, which is stressful during commute hours, and his job is more stressful (lawyers can be... a bit tense. Neil's review was the same as every year, he is awesome except dealing with frustrated people. Neil will give it right back to them. They tell him to stop acting annoyed when people come to him for IT problems and he said then stop asking him stupid questions. Have I mentioned what my husband does??? As I'm typing this I feel like I really haven't) and he deals with a lot of the grown up things like taxes, and phone calls, and bill paying. I'm a strong believer of dividing life up equally, and doing things that are your strong suite and your interest. So this means I kind of take 99% burden of household cleaning and yard-work... Except for lately! He's been mowing, breaking down the recycling, putting the bins out for trash and recycling... So romantic ;)

4 comments:

  1. Ha, I like the Superb Owl idea (um even though I missed that Colbert thing...was it a bit?). Thowing together parties seems to be your superpower, have you ever thought about doing it for a job? #justcurious ;-) I have two plants that refuse to die even though I'm pretty passive aggressive about watering them, I have no clue about outdoor gardening, I imagine it will be very satisfying when your bulbs sprout (or uh flower I guess?!). My husband does laundry and dishes and is the sole breadwinner right now and I don't deserve him at all (but you know, not enough to make up for it by becoming an actual domestic goddess...I'm the worst). :-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit, not sure exactly how it started, I think it had something to do with the legalities of covering the Superbowl, and this was a way around it. Or something.

      I do sometimes think about doing parties as a side thing, cause I LOVE IT. But that's as far as that thinking goes. I wish I took awesome photos, because then I could just make an ebook.

      I'm always super surprised when my bulbs sprout every year! Like, I know that is what they do, but I don't really water them after its not raining and they shrivel up and "die".

      Your husband sounds amazing! But He wouldn't do all that for you though if you weren't worth it :) :) I just have this thing where I don't want to be considered a "nag" so I hate to ask my husband to do anything. But we've talked about it and he says it's totally fine, he won't think I'm being bossy. He has no problems telling/asking me to do things ;) He doesn't like it when I call him bossy though... It's a work in progress!

      Delete
  2. Neil is in IT, yes? I kinda felt like that's what it was. But what is the lawyers thing about? Does he do IT for a law firm?

    I often strip down to a tank top and short shorts (like I would normally wear only to sleep in) because cleaning is sweaty and exertion and all that. Also, I close all the shades not just for this reason, but when I'm cleaning I have my headphones on and dance around (which may account for some of the sweat).
    Was your 'Superb Owl' party fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should do a short post on my husband and his job, ha. He'd get a kick out of my interpretation I think.

      Yes, he does IT and accounting for a law firm that specializes in construction law. So exciting ;) But those partners rake in like over 10,000 a month so that shit pays. I think at least one guy makes 20,000/m.

      The superb owl party was fun! My one friend Eun-mi didn't like the whole focus on the TV, she isn't a sports person, she said she prefers the parties where you can mingle and talk more, which I understand. That's why I added the commercial bingo, people really got into it!

      In the summer I definitely strip, this house gets warm in a quickness. And our curtains are always shut (people coming to the house have texted if we are home it looks so dark) so I don't have to worry about that.

      Delete