Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sunday Confessions | 1-8-17


I Confess

I need to pick out house number and of course there's a zillion things to consider. I'm been perusing google maps, to see what my neighbors have, cause I can't be arsed to go for a walk and do that in person, and they all suck, they are hard to see! But what numbers wouldn't suck?

Questions to answer:
  • Size (How tall? Three inches? Four? Five?)
  • Material (Apparently there are various kinds)
  • Plaque or Number (Leaning towards individual numbers)
  • Style (What font makes sense to the aesthetic of my house?)
  • Color (This one is easy: Black. To match the mailbox and outside light)
  • Placement (Over the garage door? To the side? Both? Would that look strange???)

I Confess

I had my first edible yesterday, and it took over three hours to feel anything, and once it did, it was more of an elevated heart feeling, no real "high", just a bit foggy feeling, and then I was tired, went to sleep but woke up all sweaty cause I snacked late. And my heart was still feeling rushed, so I decided to just get up and clean. I cleaned faster than I normally do even though it felt like time was going so slow. So that was brilliant; like I gained time. I think I'm broken, who cleans when they are high? We only took a quarter each, as per instructions, and waited the "fifteen minutes to two hours", or actually more, cause we didn't know how it would affect us. If we did it again, I wouldn't want to take it so late, since it takes forever. Neil gets very sweet when he is high :D Why did he get high and I didn't though. Life is unfair. But the house is clean, so there's that.

I Confess

It's been a raining kind of week so I've just been bundled up inside. My weekend outfit photos... are just me bumming around in my pj's. I do not think I will posting my album on Reddit, but I will most likely post it here.

6 comments:

  1. We bought house numbers when we first bought our house (and guess where they are - in our junk room still!!!). I saw that "grow moss on brick" video on FB and wanted moss house numbers, but I suck at actually doing projects, lol. We got wooden numbers so I wouldn't have to try to paint that weird buttermilk/moss mixture onto craggy brick while maintaining a consistent size and font. Maybe I'll get it done in 2017. But yeah, it's a tough decision.

    What's edible? Obviously some drug thing? I'm so out of the loop. Sounds cool that you gained time, though? I dunno. I'm too chicken to try anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moss house numbers would be fun! I was almost thinking of looking for lighted numbers, but unless we get battery ones (do they make those???) we'd have to wire for it and ugh that sounds like a pain right now. We have so many half done projects on our plate as it is. I just want to actually finish some things.

      I really should have explained what an edible was instead of just assuming it was common knowledge, I'm sorry about that. Now my joke doesn't make sense. An edible is food made with pot. So, the cookie I ate was made with cannabis butter in Santa Cruz. You can get all kinds of edibles: tea, honey, cookies, hot cocoa mix etc. So the "joke" was that you typically think of someone who smokes pot to be lazy/tired/sleepy/munchie type, and here I was getting up early and cleaning.

      Delete
  2. Okay, I can't wait to see what house numbers you pick out. :)
    So I was very curious about light-up house numbers and googled a bit and here is this:
    http://addresslightstore.com/ There is also quite the selection on amazon; I never knew there was such a demand for light-up numbers. :)

    Dude. The one time I had an edible, it was brownies, and I didn't know until after I'd eaten two decent sized ones. I was just really relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the numbers I pick might be anti-climatic! Looking at that website, I might try to do a solar powered house number post once we re-do the front yard, something in the corner, maybe??? We don't have an electrical socket handy on the front, and I think I want to try my hand at placing the numbers myself. I need to get brave to do my own things to my house.

      Two brownies!!!! Dang girl. There is no way I wouldn't have known I ate a pot cookie, as soon as I opened the package the smell was STRONG. And the taste was STRONG. Not sure when we will finish the rest of the cookie, ha. At least it's in a resealable bag!

      Delete
    2. In my defense, by the time the brownies came around, I was already five beers and two shots into drinking.

      Delete
    3. being drunk is always the best defense ;)

      Delete