Sunday, January 1, 2017

Sunday Confessions | 1-1-17

I Confess

I'm participating in a few January challenges this year, let's hope I'm not going to overwhelm myself. I kind of feel like I should post this at the end of the month, in case I don't actually follow through...

  • Month Long WAYWT (what are you wearing today) on r/femalefashionadvice: The goal is to take an outfit photo EVERY DAY, then make an album of them and post it at the end. At least that is how I understand it. I have a few reasons for wanting to participate: one, to take better outfit photos. two, get more creative/inspired with my outfits. three, figure out what I like, what looks good on me (style, fit, colors) and hopefully that will make future clothes buying easier. four, try to wear more of my closet. five, use my camera more. I will post a link to my album if I actually accomplish this...because seeing as how I have yet to post a singular outfit to that subreddit, wanting to post thirty all at once seems like a reach.
  • Veganuary: If you watch some of my Instagram Stories, you would have seen that I was trying a few vegan products in December. That was to try to get ready for January and trying (TRYING) to adhere to a plant-based diet for a month. I was SOOOO disappointed in the vegan sour cream, like, that shit was vile. I only tried one taste, maybe I should have tried twice, but the disappointment and disgust was just too strong. Some people it's cheese, for me it's sour cream that is my love.
  • January Cure by Apartment Therapy: Every weekday I will get an email assignment to organize and clean the house. I'm hoping it will motivate, and maybe have things I wouldn't think to do. 

Are you guys participating in any challenges this month? Any personal goals you have set?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, impressive! I hope you do the outfits, I got a tripod for Christmas and am still like "Um camera is a scary monster that hates me". I need inspiration! I was Vegan for just about a month when I was 21 I think, the dairy is definitely the hardest part for me, much more so than the meat. Where do you find these challenges? I am needing something to motivate me right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little worried that I'm trying a bit too much, but I like to have "goals" even if they are made up ones. Though aren't all goals made up? I just mean, really superficial.

      The Veganuary I found in the vegan forum on reddit, and the WAYWT on reddit as well. I spend too much time on there.

      Yeah, not eating meat is like whatever to me, until I'm at a place that has no other option and I'm too shy to say anything.

      So far my outfits on the month have been pajamas and pajamas. Riveting stuff. I still took photos, but whether I will be POSTING those is another story!

      I'm hoping to find "challenges" for all the months, but so far the only others I know of are inktober/drawtober, and the november writing thing. They are just fun to try!

      Delete
    2. I don't understand Reddit, I think I stumbled on there a few times and was like "Hmm ok I don't know" but good to know there is bloggy type stuff on there too :-) Persoanlly I like to see other people's pyjamas, but I am nosy/live in pyjamas if I can!

      Delete
    3. it took me awhile to get reddit, it does seem confusing. still is in some ways...

      Delete
  2. The only "challenge" I'm doing in January is another round of Whole30. I know I overwhelm myself, so staying away from challenges at the beginning of the year is probably pretty good for me. Although I hope to start taking more outfit posts this year. I think my problem is I'm really only set up to snap a quick photo of what I'm wearing in like the back yard or hallway when in my mind, I have an entire photoshoot planned in my head. We'll see if I can actually get it together this year for that or not, lol.

    My mom's diet pretty much consists of bacon, potatoes, and sour cream. Like, she cannot live without those staples. I think I could give up meat, but not all animal products. I NEED dairy (she says while starting Whole30 where all dairy is a no-no).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem with outfit photos is as soon as I get in front of the camera I'm like what how do i even human and i get all awkward.

      Your moms diet sounds amazing, not going to lie, ha. I'm not being very strict with myself with any of my challenges, just trying my best :D

      Delete
  3. I have never been able to figure out Reddit. Like, tumblr is confusing enough for my old age brain.Y You have an...album? there? How would I go about seeing that/reddit stalking you? I am curious about this wizardry.
    So, my SIL is vegan, right, and for lasagna, they make "cheese" out of tofu and nutritional yeast (I don't even frickin' know) and apparently the yeast has a ton of vitamins and makes it taste kinda like cheese? Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a way you could find a recipe to make your own "sour cream."? Hmm.
    I have no January challenges/goals because I am a lazy wart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all the sour cream recipes require cashews, intriguing... so I might try. Need to find bulk cashews.

      i fully expect myself not to fully complete all these challenges, prolly just a little bit from each, but either way is progress :)

      reddit takes so much time to "get" i feel, the forum/subreddits are a bit strange. and mostly reddit is anonymous, like you have a nickname, but you don't have to verify it with an email so you can have as many as you like.

      Delete
    2. Ooh! Get like 6 nicknames, have arguments with yourself.

      Delete
    3. LOLSSSS! See, you are a Redditer already :D :D :D

      Delete