Sunday, December 25, 2016

Sunday Confessions | 12-25-16


I Confess

This is the last confession post of 2016, guys! Whut. It's so cliche, but the older I get, the faster time goes. WHERE DID THIS YEAR GO. But simultaneously, it's nice for it to be over and get that "renewal" feeling. Once again, I am making plans for 2017, the usual about organization, finances, home improvement, self-improvement, yadda yadda. Really I think I just like making lists. No, I KNOW I really like making lists.

I Confess

I've been trying really (kind of) hard not to buy things for myself but then Zappos sent me a $30 off coupon that expired at the end of this month so I was like, oh okay if YOU INSIST ZAPPOS BUT THIS IS TOTALLY AGAINST MY WILL. So I basically got a pair of Keds for free. And I may or may not have bought another pair of shoes which negated the whole saving money part. I AM A WEAK PERSON. But really though, who are we kidding, I was going to buy a new pair of work shoes anyway.

I Confess

I get Monday off! And I may or may not have taken Thursday and Friday off as well... I have like a million PTO (paid time off) that I didn't use this year (okay not a million, more like 60) and even though they roll over, so I don't need to use them, WHY THE HELL AM I NOT USING THEM. I like to keep a buffer of hours, in case I get ill (I do not have separate sick time like my husband. For reals he has like four weeks of VACATION TIME and then I don't know how much sick time), or Neil gets really ill, but sixty is more than a buffer. Let's hope I use all that time to actually get shit done and not just laze about in front of the heater with my laptop and kitties.

Merry Christmas, everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! This year was weird/flew by, like you say, the older you get the faster they go. You were basically forced to buy those shoes, it is physically impossible to get a free thing and not buy something! Enjoy your days off, and be as lazy as you want, I always feel like the days bewteen Christmas and New Year don't count/are Bermuda Triangle sorts of nothingness days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Belated Christmas!
      I am not being that lazy... I decided to tackle a bunch of moving furniture/reorganize projects instead. whyyyy.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas! (late now)
    It's super true about the older you get the faster time goes. Cliche for a reason, I guess. :)
    Are you going to post pics of your new shoes? Because...yeah, shoes.
    I was totally like "fuck it" with a Christmas Day confessions post. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoes are pretty boring basic ones, I've learned my lesson ordering shoes I'm not familair with online. Black lace up keds and black leather sketchers. The keds to replace my converse since keds look better with skinny jeans, i feel, converse make my feet look like duck feet with skinny jeans so not very versatile. And the sketchers for work since it gets cold and black because that place is very dirty. The other girls were white sneakers (not sure how they keep them clean!), which apparently their kids tease them about, because all white sneakers with boot cut jeans is such a "mom" outfit they say. Apparenly boot cut jeans are considered mom jeans for the younger people, because, even though weird for me to grasp, I AM A MOM AGE and everyone my generation wore bootcut jeans in high school, so duh, mom jeans are whatever jeans your mom wears and not just the ones they made fun of on SNL eons ago. I could keep going on about this but I feel like I've talked about this already???

      Merry Christmas to you to, my Christmas days are super chill so I have plenty of free time :)

      Delete