Monday, November 21, 2016

Watch-Listen-Eat | What's New This Week?

I've seen variations of this theme on a few blogs (one of which is Forever Amber), not sure if I will try to make this a weekly/monthly thing or what... I'm not really doing a lot of new things to share all of the time... Also not sure about the title? Because what if one week I have something to share that I read? Or bought? Or visited? Or a blog post I really liked? Need to ponder. Also now realizing there probably could be three things a month that I could share.


But here are a few new things (for me) that I'd like to share this time:


WATCH THIS

The first episode had me like what? cause they kind of just jump right in with the action and characters. But then we kept watching and dang if this show isn't hilarious. I like the fast pace of it, a lot of the shows I watch have a story line stretched out over the whole season/show, which I love, but this one deals with one issue each episode. So in that way, it's like a sitcom, without all the cringy sitcom tropes and characters.

This is a scene from one of the most recent episodes, not sure if it's as funny if you haven't seen the whole show but it had me giggling out loud. 



LISTEN TO THIS

Haven't heard of this musician before, just came across this music video randomly and loved it. Will have to check out her other videos and see if I actually like the music or if this was a one off. Either way, the video is just lovely!

EAT THIS

So that hot chocolate mix I got in my October PopSugar box? My god, so delicious. I heated up a mug of Vanilla Soy Milk (Kirkland brand from Costco, of course) and stirred in a heaping spoonful; it's like a big glass of liquid dessert. Okay, that doesn't sound very appetizing put that way, but trust me: SO GOOD. I made one for my friend Eun-mi and she drank it so fast! I will have to buy some more. In fact, I think a gift I make next year will be a mug, this mix, and a container of the Vanilla Soy Milk (it's shelf stable so don't have to worry about it having to be refrigerated before giving as a gift). You are a genius, Heather.

So guys, what do you think? Interested in a post like this?

4 comments:

  1. I loved everything about this post!
    I have been super interested in Stan Against Evil but haven't gotten around to watching it yet - now I know I definitely need to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen anything regarding the show before my husband put it on so I really had no idea what it was. But I'm really enjoying it!

      Delete
  2. That video is lovely! I definitely need to check out more from her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put a like on the video so I can check back later, wasn't sure if I wanted to subscribe yet, ha.

      Delete