Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sunday Confessions | 11-27-16


I Confess

Wednesday we were trying to get to work as early as possible, after waking up and Neil was still not feeling great but still had to go to work to do payroll, but we go into the garage and hmm, the garage door doesn't want to open and the little control panel is freaking out and blinking lights and beeping. After thirty minutes fussing with it, we (and by we I mean me cause my husband's back isn't always okay) open the garage door manually* and head to work. Still managing to get to work 45 minutes earlier than normal but still. WHY GARAGE DOOR, WHY.

*I also got ready for work in less than 10 minutes from waking and still looked hella cute. Just sayin'. I mean, I actually bothered to put together an "outfit" that wasn't a graphic tee and converse (it was: boots/ skinny jeans/ sweater/ hair in my new style/ contacts). And I know I looked cute cause my coworker commented on it and normally she doesn't say anything about what I'm wearing cause I look dorky as fuck. Other things I do that rank me as super awesome wife that has ever wifed: be the bug/spider killer. cat vomit cleaner. lifter of heavy 40lb cat litter boxes. even up the stairs.

I Confess

I did not resist all the black Friday temptations :( I didn't order from Abercrombie, who were offering 50% off and free shipping (dang ya'll, they had some cute sweaters). I didn't order from a bakery company that was offering a dozen free macarons. I didn't buy from Express, or Boden, or New York and Co, or Macy's, or Nordstrom, or Kate Spade. But I did add another couple boxes to my PopSugar subscription (they were having a sale! My god, on subscription boxes!) and I did end up buying these eye mask things I've been eyeing on a Korean beauty website (they were having 30% off and free shipping). At least I also bought my Christmas gifts, so that's all done. BUT NO MORE CASUAL SHOPPING ALLOWED, OKAY HEATHER!!! You are not a rich girl, stop living past your means.

I Confess

I was going to try to do a Vietnamese style iced coffee at home, with condensed milk as a sweetener, and I grabbed the can I had in the pantry, opened it and was like, hmm. It should be white, right? Not tan? Looked at the best by date... best by 2011. Five years is kind of a long time. Neil helped me clean up the pantry after the roommate moved out, and part of his job was to check all the best by dates on the cans. Fail. He also crammed everything like Tetris, so I have no room for new items. I will have to reorganize the pantry by myself another time... I really liked his help, though! So I will try to reorganize on the sly so he doesn't feel slighted.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't bought anything in Black Friday yet (yeah, they totally do it here now, it's so weird) but the wekened isn't over and I feel my resolve crumbling with a couple of things I really would like for Christmas but know there is no way husband will know to buy them so then let's just say Merry Early Christmas to me? Um you are some superhuman strong woman with all that heavy lifting, maybe you should start weight lifting and become a superhero! It's hard to remember to check dates on stuff, I have never heard of Vietnamese coffe will have to check it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always Cyber Monday for all the online stuff... which seems to be the same as Black Friday for all the online stuff...

      I really can pick up more than what you would think with my weight. I still get annoyed at being weak, and not able to move and pick up everything I want to on my own. I must have been a bigger person in another life :D :D :D

      Yeah... I do a little too much MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME AND ME AND ME. What can I say, I buy myself the best stuff ;)

      Delete
    2. I remember when I was a teenager, and much lighter, we were moving into this third floor apartment (doesn't sound like much but it was more like six flights, tall house). Anyway there was an issue with getting the t.v. upstairs, I don't remember what but it was like "How are we even going to do it?!" And I just sort of picked it up and carried it up like it was nothing, so powerful was my motivation for television! Now it would probably break my back lol!

      Delete
    3. you carried a television up to a third floor??? dang!

      Delete
    4. My aunt was moving out of her apartment when I was 19. She was useless and I ended up loading her baby grand piano onto the moving truck by myself. Oh, the things we can do when we're fit and spry!

      Delete
    5. wow, okay, you guys win on the moving heavy impossible things!!! a flippin piano!!!

      Delete
  2. My my, you are the best wife who ever wifed.
    LMAO - 2011
    Did you get to do the treat thing? I'd like to see a post about that if you are interested in doing one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to do my version of the coffee, and was taking photos, but then the expired milk was like, oh f*ck me what do I do now. The normal version that I know of is you brew some dark coffee whatever way you do, pour some condensed milk in a glass, pour the hot coffee over it, stir, add ice to cool it down. My version was just to make iced coffee in the fridge, mix in the condensed milk to see if the milk would mix in well enough in cold coffee vs hot coffee to avoid the watering down of the ice. WE WILL NEVER KNOW NOW. Ha.

      Delete