Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday Confessions | 11-20-16


I CONFESS

I don't always join link-ups but I've been trying to find some new ones and oh my god I got a little shout out on Best of the Weekend by Little Miss Celebration!!! Squeee :) :) :) There are some super talented bloggers that post in that link-up so I was really surprised.

I CONFESS

I don't know how much ya'll pay for property taxes, but I pay an ass ton. Well, it feels like a huge amount to me. Luckily the bill is split into two, every six months, so it feels more manageable. It's 6,600/yr in case you were wondering, so 3300 each payment. Bye, bye lovely number in my savings, time to start again. Sigh.


I CONFESS

I get the day after Thanksgiving off! I mean, I have to use my PTO but everyone gets it approved whether you have the time or not :) I had an extra floating holiday to use, so I didn't even have to use my PTO. Short week and a four day weekend coming up, hooray! We've had a lot of work come in so it will be nice to have a breather. Even if I do choose to spend my free time doing MORE TYPING.

8 comments:

  1. Holy Crap that is s sh*t ton of money! :-( Congrats on the link up love, go you!! Hope you enjoy the long Thanksgiving weekend, are you cooking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to my husband's Japanese side for Thanksgiving, and in the recent years they've started assigning dishes to people since they say they are getting too old to do it all. I volunteered for the salad ;) tehe, you know, the EASIEST thing to do. My husband has the whole week off so he is going to go to Costco and pick up a pre bagged mix. BECAUSE WE ARE EVEN THAT LAZY.

      Delete
    2. Ha ha good for you! I can't talk, I'm too lazy to even bother with it here, the Brits are getting into it now more but I'm still like "I'm not cooking two turkeys in a month, that is madness!"

      Delete
    3. you know, i've never cooked a turkey?

      Delete
  2. I think we pay about the same/possibly more in property taxes here. I'd have to look at our mortgage payment to tell for sure. Ours are paid monthly, lumped into our insurance and mortgage payment. One downside to big city living.....

    I'm so ready to gorge myself for Thanksgiving. Enjoy your long weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I guess I'm glad it's not lumped into the mortgage? Owning a home is great most of the time...

      My plans are to clean all the things, but I'm sure that will not happen as I've been very lazy lately. At least I've been keeping my workout schedule... that I just started last week, ha.

      Delete
  3. And congratulations on getting featured!!! I"m going to have to check out that link-up - I've been link up crazy lately, but don't actually participate much. Gonna have to change that....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It translated into maybe five more clicks than normal so I think I'm a super star now! Lols. But there are a lot of cool things other people are doing, so I like checking out link ups for that. Also to see other peoples blogs, how they have them set up, and other bloggy things.

      Delete