Sunday, November 13, 2016

Sunday Confessions | 11-13-16

I Confess

I use an app to track my period, ever since I stopped taking birth control after my husband's vasectomy, and now I remember the one and only (well, the not getting pregnant was great) reason I took it. My period is so sporadic! My app said it wasn't supposed to start for 11 days, and I wasn't having any physical symptoms to make me rethink that, until Friday I started having cramps. So I was like, oh, looks like my period will start in a few days instead of eleven. Oh, wait no, it's starting right now. Wth body.

I Confess

We've been having a bit of trouble with one cat peeing on the mat outside the litter box. We are not 100% sure which cat, but we are assuming it's Toki. We've been trying everything: cleaning the box every day, spraying the mat with anti-urine stuff, letting her go in the front by herself to use the side patch of dirt... Which seems to work for awhile, then BAM, pee puddles show up. Right now it's been good, no pee for three days. I have SIX, yes, SIX FUCKING LITTER BOXES set up in various places so it's not like she doesn't have options. I decided to see if maybe she needed more attention so I camped out in the spare room Friday night to hang out with her. She decided to sleep on the couch in the living room that night so I spend an uncomfortable night for no reason. But still no pee! I'm not sure what is working but I'm not sleeping on the floor again.

I Confess

One of the stray cats that I haven't seen in over six months showed up the other morning!!!!!!!! Neil saw him when he went downstairs to shower and called out for me. I got out of bed so fast. I thought they had all been eaten by the coyotes (Nextdoor app reported a lot of... dead cats this summer). He looked great: smooth coat, ears clean; just hungry. It was such a great moment. I've seen him one more time since then, so I've been trying to put food out again even if I don't see him. Maybe the others will show up too!!!!

4 comments:

  1. My periods have become a joke they are so wacked out, but not wack enough for medical intervention I guess. I know nothing about litter boxes, but after staying at my aunt's there were two cats who I think share like one box and I did wonder - how do they deal with that? Like aren't they territoial and stuff? But it sounds like you have plenty of boxes for them to share...I found this if it's any help http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/cat-care/common-cat-behavior-issues/litter-box-problems - wow cats are so complex!

    Glad the stray cat is ok...I imagine it's dangerous for an outdoor cat in Cali! :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One box!!! I'd have to clean it every hour, lol. Our best guess is our little one is being a bully, she hates Toki. She won't even let her go upstairs, hence us trying to give Toki extra attention. And keep on eye on the younger one. Thanks for the link, I hope it's not a UTI. Though she does love going to the vet.

      I can't wait till I don't have to bother with a period at all, the one true perk of getting old, ha.

      Delete
  2. I've been using a tracker since I was 28 - and my periods are almost always 25 days on the nose. I love my app because I don't have to remember to write it down and actually, you know, count the days #lazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, I wish mine was regular like that! It ranges from 44 to 28 days so far. I really do like using the app though, does give me a little bit of an idea when it will start. Kind of.

      Delete