Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Gift Idea: Lunch First Aid Kit

I saw this idea on a PopSugar article last year and thought it was such a great idea! So I decided to replicate it for my Christmas gifts last year. A lunch first aid kit is something most people would get some use out of, either for work or school, so it felt ideal for most people on my list. I find it makes it so much easier if you can replicate the same gift for multiple people if you have a fairly long list of recipients. This really made a perfect gift for my coworkers!

I was able to find a site that I could order the exact amount of single-serving condiments I needed so I didn't have a bunch of excess! At first, I was going to try to find most things through Amazon then go to World Market but this turned out much cheaper, and I was able to get a more varied amount of things. I made about eight of these things, which came out to a little less than $20 per gift! 

I totally didn't think to make myself one though! What. Fail.
container store (boxes)
mini mus (condiments)
amazon: (sporks, wipes, salt)
labels (this is my favorite place for labels!)

I tried to think of a few "emergency's" that might happen:
  • a spill
  • forgot salad dressing (can mix oil and vinegar)
  • food is bland
  • stinky breath
  • forgot a utensil (how many times has this happened to me!)

So what do you think? What would you put in your lunch first aid kit?

6 comments:

  1. Cool idea! My lunch first aid kit would definitely include stinky breath stuff, utensils, a wet nap,
    coins, I don't know. I think this is a brilliant idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a gift I would re-visit in a few years, I really liked how they came out! I didn't think of coins, or at least a money pouch? We don't have vending machines but we do have catering trucks that come around.

      Delete
  2. Whoa. No vending machines but catering trucks. Suddenly a culture difference rears it's head. Envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, "catering truck" is the nicer term, "roach coach" is the other. Do you not have those??? The hipster movement has brought the nicer food trucks, but those usually don't bother with lunch time around businesses. Since befriending you I have become a lot more aware of state differences! I love that!

      Delete
  3. Idea = stolen. We're totally broke this Christmas and this seems like a good gift for pretty much everyone on our list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm sure other places have cheaper containers :) Just buy the container first before the label, so you know what size/shape will work best. The place I order the labels from seems to ship pretty fast too.

      Delete