Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday Confessions | 10-9-16

I CONFESS


My brain still hasn't gotten used to being alone in the house; every shadow and movement down the hall (usually just the cats) makes me think "oh, roommate...wait, no..." Guess it's going to take awhile!

I CONFESS


Been trying to get some deep cleaning done for the fall season. We moved the couch and oh my gosh so much dirt and cat hair! The cats love it when I clean and move things around, they've been running around like little monsters.

I CONFESS


I'm so super excited about the house color, guys! It's not done yet, but when we drive home I look at it and go "oh, hello my beautiful home!" instead of "oh hey, ugly house" ha. What a difference a change of color does! Plus all the ugly things are gone (mailbox, house number, light). I was so worried about the color but that was for nothing! It's been five years but the house is finally getting to that point where we can get some cosmetic things done. The paint isn't purely cosmetic, though, it's to cover up all the cracks that were leaking last year when it was raining. Luckily all that didn't cause too much inside damage.

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Pretty soon you will forget to look. Are the cats acting different? :-)We have a monster bed that so seriously needs to be vacuumed under - the last time there was like inches of dust. But it's a serious chore. Hope to see pics of the paint job, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cats have been little crazy monsters running around, but have calmed down a little. They just love having a "new" place to explore.

      Delete
  2. I don't even want to know what's behind/under our couches. The thought frightens me. But I can feel a shift in my brain where I'm becoming more focused on cleaning and organizing the house, so I bet I find out soon. Domesticity seems to come in spurts and waves for me then I burn out and have to wait for another wave of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't moved the couches in like four years, so it's not something I do often though maybe I should!

      I get the same way with housework, sometimes it feels like pulling teeth to just get the bare essentials done and other weeks I'm cleaning baseboards and organizing closets.

      Delete