Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sunday Confessions | 10-2-16


I Confess

I've been in SUCH A GOOD MOOD now that my house is all my house :) :) :) I want to move all the things into the spare room (we are not exactly sure of its new purpose, but we have a few odds and ends of furniture that can go in there) right away, but trying to air it out first. It doesn't smell bad, just smells like a different person. You know how every house has a "smell" that isn't really bad or good? Well, one hopes it isn't bad... I get very self-conscience that my house smells like Cat.

I Confess

All these plans for moving things around is also making me want to MOVE ALL THE THINGS. So I have plans to move the bookcases from the bedroom into the computer room. It makes more sense, to try to make an "office" even though it's a smaller room. My new goal is to try to make the bedroom more of a bedroom and not a room that I put things I don't know where to put. Like all the goddamn extra pillows.

I Confess

This is at odds for all the little crafts I need to get done for my Halloween party. YOU NEED TO FOCUS, HEATHER. Or you know, manage your time better. THAT IS CRAZY TALK.

6 comments:

  1. So with you on all of these things. Neurotic about what does my house smell like? Want to make everything perfect all at once, feel the need to do all the little projects and big projects and all the things. I do think the office thing will be cool - maybe pics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to do pics later... right now its a big MESS. Cause you know, I decided to try to move furniture BEFORE putting laundry away. And all the odds and ends I didn't know what to do with just yet... went in a box, ha.

      I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with what I need to do, so I have been trying to write everything down and hopefully I will do it in a cohesive fashion. But probably not.

      Delete
  2. Hm my house smells kind of old/Scottish, I burn a lot of scented candles! Congrats on having your house back! It must be so exciting! I would kill for another room to put stuff in ;-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel kind of weird now, with another room! Like, it's just the two of us and now we each have our own room kind of...

      Old/Scottish... not sure what that would smell like! Maybe like an attic with old books in it? During really warm days I feel like my house, well the livingroom, smells like old sweat and cat pee. Ugh. Cause my husband spends a lot of time on the couch and we have no air conditioning.

      Delete
  3. Pft, focus and time management are overrated. I'm always worried that our house smells like Cat, too. Dennis rigged this exhaust fan thing in our catbox closet under the stairs. Most people say they can't smell anything on the rare occasions someone is over, so I can only hope they aren't lying.

    I hate it when I'm all inspired and motivated to do projects around the house only to find I don't have a magic wand to instantly implement them and that I simply don't have enough hours in the day to accomplish things, lol. Your idea to make the bedroom just a bedroom is fantastic! Ours is still a bit of a dumping ground, but we try to only sleep in there - progress is progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have cat boxes ALL OVER so not easy for me to focus the smell elsewhere. I have one on the top of the stairs, halfway upstairs, behind the tv, in the spare room, and the garage.

      I think most people are not that concerned with other homes smells and are being honest. I hope any way ;)

      So far I haven't gotten too much progress done on my projects, I keep having other things come up :/ I have plans to take days off next year, one monday at a time to have my own time do do things.

      Delete