Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday Confessions | 9-18-16




I Confess

My husband and I went to a concert on Tuesday night but didn't take the next day off from work. That Wednesday morning Neil noticed I looked tired and he said something like "HAHA! Finally, you're getting to my level of old!" Which made me think of my one coworker that had noticed me yawning one time and was like "whaaaat, Heather is tired?!? Since when!" Both of these statements being puzzling because I don't think of myself as projecting this never-tired persona and yet, two separate people made comments about it. So interesting that as much as I think I know who I am and how I present myself to the world, other people have different ideas. And apparently, I'm a robot. So that's kind of cool, I guess.


I Confess

My roommate is retiring from work on the 23rd but isn't moving out of my house until the 30th. Whoops started my countdown too early. My cats have been going manic about yelling at her door, which they had stopped for awhile. Maybe they know she is leaving? Or just have decided to be (more) bratty.


I Confess

I think there are new renters at the neighbor's house! Saw new vehicles there last night. Will have to do more spying. Which is really just peeking out the curtain periodically and then flitting back if I think someone saw me. SO GOOD AT SPYING GUYS. I'M NOT CREEPY AT ALL.


The United States of Becky

Linking up with United States of Becky for her weekly Sunday Confessions

6 comments:

  1. Your version of spying makes me think of the many times we all would get drunk at the renaissance festival after hours and try to ninja our way out to the bonfire at the patron campground. Because no one is going to notice a band of drunken rennies stumbling their way around faire, right?

    Less than two weeks! You have less than two weeks of having a roommate!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, omg that sounds hilarious, i love drunk escapades :)

      It really isn't very much time, it's going by super fast now. I think I've just gotten stuck on "complaint" mode which is not cool.

      Delete
  2. We live in such close proximity to our neighbours that spying is no fun whatsoever. It's more like "I can hear them, they need to shut the hell up before I kill them and their piano". Your roomate is leaving, wahay, finally, rejoice! Seriously I am excited for you - what are you going to do with her room? I try not to think about how I project, I feel less confident about it lately, I don't know. Like I was never super confident but lately I'm all "I'm old and boring no one talk to me ever." ;-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally my husband was thinking of turning it into a tv room, but now he is thinking it's not big enough for what he wants to do. so now he is thinking temporarily we can store the patio furniture in there for the winter. he wants to move all the electronics into the closet though, and free up the cable mess in the livingroom.

      i turn 35 this year and it really feels weird. way more weird than when i turned 30, cause now i'm considered a middle aged lady. ha, whut.

      Delete
  3. Yay! Roommate move-out is almost here! Countdown is coming!
    The cats probably know...they can feel it and they are like "dude, you are the one driving my mommy crazy - gtfo."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really cannot wait until I can have all the doors open so I don't have to listen to them cry. They hate closed doors.

      Delete