Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday Confessions | 9-11-16

I Confess//

Shout out to Becky for being so responsive on my Instagram stories :) It's not necessary but it's nice! I had a fun time documenting my time on labor day. I have been trying to capture turtle a little bit more often as he seems to be a fan favorite ;) I forget that he is interesting if you can believe that.

I Confess//

On the San Jose thread on Reddit someone had posted that someone's tortoise was loose on the golf course and for half a second I thought it was mine! Phew. (Wasn't the golf course near me, and the general "look" seemed off. I wonder if I'd be able to pick mine out of a lineup?)

I Confess//

The mornings have been a little foggy and there's a crispness to the air! Hot dog, finally summer is almost over. It's still been getting really warm during the day, but the nights are finally sleepable.

I Confess//

I finally got around to updating my other blog: This Looks Edible. There should be two bentos posted a week, so you should check that out (starting Monday). I won't even mention how behind I am on those! Ha. What do I do with my time, really guys.

The United States of Becky

Linking up with United States of Becky for her weekly Sunday Confessions

9 comments:

  1. Do we have to sign up for Instagram stories? I don't geddit/haven't seen any. And am pissed if I have missed a Turtle story! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have missed some turtle things!!! I just assumed everyone had access to the Instagram stories by now...

      Delete
    2. Steff - it may depend on your phone? I get stories on my IG but for some reason on the husband's phone it doesn't show up.

      Delete
  2. Damn it! I need to start using IG more - I don't know how to post my own stories (and have been using Snapchat), but I need to figure out how to interact with IG stories. I think my biggest beef is that all the stories play back to back to back and I'm not noticing when one person's story stops and the next begins so I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snapchat plays all the stories in sequence too, doesn't it? I thought it did. I don't care for either platform doing that. If Instagram had all the cool filters like Snapchat I don't think I would even bother with Snapchat any more, ha. But I'm trying to use both of them to get a better feel for it.

      Delete
  3. Aw, thank you for the shout out! I love your stories.
    I envy you fog. I love fog!
    LOL how funny that you heard a tortoise was loose and immediately thought "crap, where's my turtle kid?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My turtle has gone missing before (I should write about that) so it's a little concerning for me that it might happen again, plus it's weird to see that someone else so close has the same pet! In the LA fires, one family couldn't rescue all their animals before they had to evacuate (they lived on a farmish type thing) but the turtle managed to escape and took off down the road and they were able to reunite :) same kind too!

      Delete
    2. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/07/27/487609506/tortoise-wins-again-slow-and-steady-pace-outruns-l-a-fire

      Delete
    3. edit: i thought that story involved a farm, nope, just lots of animals.

      Delete