Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday Confessions | 8-7-16

The United States of Becky


confess//

Neil and I planned an end of the summer bbq and invited lots of people... and it looks like lots of people are coming. by "lots" I mean by our party standards. and its freaking me out a little. a lot. like, there are actually going to be girls coming, which means that's kind of my job to be the hostess. OH NO. I'm pretty good for one on one, but I don't know how this is going to work. I need to plan some activities. I'M FREAKING OUT, MAN. and of course, the one time I didn't plan favors or decor where I really shine. dang, you people.


confess//

two more months until roommate free, guys. TWO MONTHS. all of my house will be mine for the first time!!! Also: I'm like the worst roommate. I was in the garage doing laundry and heard her leave her room to get ice, and I stayed in the garage to hide until she went back in her room, and instead she came in the garage to talk to me and I... may have just said hi and then ignored her. I mean, I was hiding in here to avoid talking. I am so rude.


confess//

we've been getting a lot of home stuff done, or at least about to be done. one of the things that Neil is laughing about that I'd be so excited about is the garage lighting. It has lights now!!! Before, I'd have to open the side door to get some sunlight or use the flashlight that we put next to the step. Doing laundry that way was tiresome. Especially if turtle saw the side door open and wanted to come in. But now the whole garage is lit! And it's a mess. We really need to reorganize in there.


confess//

Also, I FINALLY got some posts done that are like, a year overdue. So I'm just going to post them back to back to just get them out there. You are under no obligation to read or comment on all of them. Or any of them. Never again will I get so behind! Writing about things a year after is... difficult. But I took all the photos so I was like, no, this is getting done! (Well, I had NINE that I wanted to get done but I only got six done. But six is more than zero so yay me. I guess.)


confess//

The new Instagram feature where it's trying to be SnapChat feels a bit weird. Cause you have no idea if anyone is viewing it, no feedback whatsoever. Which is the same as SnapChat. I still like it better than SnapChat, the layout is cleaner.

Linking up with United States of Becky for her weekly Sunday Confessions

6 comments:

  1. Hm...party games...I dunno! Charades?! People here don't go in for organized fun, it's mostly just alcohol and um more alcohol! When I was in high school my good friends and I threw a "Fruit Party" it was kind of random and silly but people were forced to get creative with bringing fruit, I don't know, it was a sober party but it was fun! I don't know this new Instagram feature of which you speak...I am sort of app'ed out at this point!

    Wow it must be super exciting to be roomate free soon. I do not miss that whole living with a stranger thing, I did it twice in college and it was not my favorite. I love that Mr. Turtle is so friendly he comes to say hi! I am seriously obsessed, I hope one of your posts is Turtle related!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be alcohol! I always have that covered :D

      I have a post about my roommate that I have not posted because its so rude. Ha. I'm just so over it its like when you have to pee, and the closer you get to a toilet the more you feel like you have to go? its like that right now for me. when she moved in, it was just for a year. and now four years later...

      i do have a turtle one that ive been working on, and hopefully that will be up eventually, but it was not of the nine i was hoping to finish. i'm telling you, i have over 100 ideas in draft.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read all your updated posts - maybe that'll goose me to catch up on so many things I haven't written about, lol.

    Don't worry about playing 1950's hostess for your party. Have food and alcohol and the rest will take care of itself! You'll be fine!!!

    I would also be a terrible roomate - especially if I was more than ready for them to move out and move on - when I'm done, I"m done and I find it hard to fake it. I know it'll be so great to be in your house without a roomie - when our roommate moved out years ago it was one of the happiest days......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i swear im going to do a happy naked dance all over the house when the time comes.

      like with neil, i don't have to say hi and make eye contact every time i pass by him in a room, but with her she makes me feel like i have to. can i just get some water or do the dishes without making fucking small talk. yes, it's hot. yup, turtles up. yeah, weekend goes by so fast. UGGHHHHH.

      Delete
  3. Yay on the upcoming roommate move-out!
    Sorry it's taking me so damn long to read & comment on posts. :(
    How was the party?
    I look at some of the stories on instagram - it's weird that you can't even "like" them? But whatever. I look at yours and they are fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party went better than expected! But it was super hot so people were tired and left kind of early.

      Still learning the story thing on Instagram, apparently you CAN see who looks at it.

      Delete