Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday Confessions | 8-21-16

The United States of Becky

I confess//

Somehow I got fewer views on my blog the week I posted every day vs a normal week or even a week I forget to post, ha. Got it: a week of Vegas was too much just as I thought. Sorry guys! According to Bloglovin' I rank at 5887 in lifestyle (I wish it would say out of how many!) and 75,267 out of all categories. Again, I think it would be more useful to know out of how many. Or not, like, if there are only 75267 blogs in total and I'm dead last, ha. That might make me a little sad, guys.



I confess//

In 2015 I put my book goal on Good Reads at 52. Didn't manage that, der, I think I read about half that. So, in 2016, I put my book goal at 26. I have currently read ten. What is going on. So behind. So next year I think my goal will be 12, and I will probably read 2. Ah, that would be a sad year so let's hope not. I wonder if I can count cookbooks... I'm already cheating (I feel like it's cheating?) and counting graphic novels. Though maybe I should put my goal at like 100, since I seem to read about half of my goal...


I confess//

JCrew was having a sale on already discounted items plus free shipping... how could I pass that up (that place is too pricey for me at full price)? So my closet is four cardigans richer. I mean, if you can get a JCrew cardigan at Target prices, hello. Can you really have too many cardigans? (The answer is "No" by the way). I was on a clothing spending freeze but whoops sale happened. Aaaand Abercrombie had 30% off plus free shipping. Stupid back to school sales. If only those boots I've been lusting after would go on sale...


Linking up with United States of Becky for her weekly Sunday Confessions


7 comments:

  1. I did the same thing with my reading goal for this year. At this point I'm thinking of just NOT setting a goal for 2017, so if I actually read 1 book I'll be ahead of the game. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! No goal is even better, didn't think of that, ha. I think I can totally beat 0 books.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I can't set reading goals because I'm a neurotic freak and would totally start cheating just to make it, or else just give up and hate myself. (I have issues, lol.)
    I think Graphic Novels count - I mean, at least some do? Like Watchmen would count. The Long Halloween would count. A volume of Walking Dead should count. Maybe Batman NOEL wouldn't count? But you know.

    I am actually doing stuff to make my blog more appealing or at least more active? (including like, actually posting, dur).

    Things you can never have too many of:
    Cardigans
    Tank Tops
    Bras
    Panties
    Socks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of keeping track of what I read on Goodreads, but seem to forget about it until the end of the year approaches. Since my smartphone, I read a lot less actual books, but I'm reading blogs and stuff.

      I have over 100 ideas in draft for blog posts. I have been trying to get my thoughts organized on them and I would like to post twice a week. I'm not short on ideas! Just the actual doing part.

      Yesss on the tank tops. Tshirts are made so thin now, I feel like I need to wear a tank underneath most of them. Plus it smoothes out the bra line. And my ribbed ones from Hollister smoosh my boobs together and make them look more perky. Not that THAT was my goal, just a difference I noticed from those and my target or old navy ones.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes on different tank tops doing different things. I almost never wear them as an undershirt because I get so hot (from my antidepressants) but I wear them ALL THE TIME at home, and I wear them under cardigans at home in winter. I LOVE racerbacks of this one certain brand that I cant find anymore because the label is one of those "on the cloth" labels and it's been washed so many times I can barely read it. But it's like perfect for giving my boobs a lift and making me feel sassy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When did J.Crew get so dang expensive? I think they opened a flagship over here in London and have a website, but the prices make my eyeballs bleed! I remember when they were like the Gap, only a catalogue. I loved my 90's barn jacket! I decided long ago that my blog views have no rhyme or reason whatsoever, a year from now your Vegas posts might get all kinds of hits! I would count graphic novels, totally. My reading has been pretty unimpressive this year, I blame the blogging/internetting! ;-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know of JCrew in the nineties so I missed the "cheap" days! I just wait for the 30% off (or more) and free shipping before I purchase anything... and so far the only things I have are cardigans.

      I feel you on the random popular blog posts! Just recently a few old ones have gotten some attention for reasons unknown. I get it if they are pinterest ones, but not this time!

      Delete