Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday Confessions 7-31-16

The United States of Becky

I confess:


One of my friends is moving into his first apartment, and another couple is moving into their condo this weekend! So happy and excited for all of them. It's not easy finding a place to live here.

I confess:

I've been doing so much window shopping online. I love fall colors and clothes and want them all. But my bank account says no. Also, it seems like it's everyone's bday, and retirement and baby shower is coming up So. Many. Gifts. I mean, I LOVE buying gifts, it just means less money for me, ha. ITS A HARD LIFE GUYS.


I confess:

I'm kinda looking forward to football season. It's colder, my husband is preoccupied on Sundays, and I can disappear upstairs for hours and actually get some blogging done. My goal is to crank out so many posts, I will have extras for next summer so my blog doesn't tank in views like it always does. Hmm, no content means no visitors, who would have thought. BUT WILL I ACTUALLY DO THIS. It's always easy to imagine future Heather doing stuff present Heather isn't doing, ha.

7 comments:

  1. I am starting to get into the "you need to be doing actual work and not just screwing around" mode as well. I definitely feel like I need to get some posts set up and planned and scheduled because I usually don't post until afternoon hours. Present Becky thinks Future Becky has everything sorted out and has her shit together, but when Future Becky becomes Present Becky, it's usually the same 'ole. I should fix that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I haven't had a summer off since high school, I think my brain is just trained to view june-july-august as don't-do-shit time. And then the end of summer makes me feel like I need to start getting "ready" for... things.

      Delete
    2. Exactly - Future Jess always becomes the same Present Jess. I'm working on that whole reinvention thing.

      I just had an a-ha moment typing that - I want to reinvent myself in to Future Jess!!!

      Delete
  2. I sometimes think if I could just go to an island for a month I could crank out like a year's worth of posts and then life would be awesome. My husband has no hobbies other than playing his guitar at the weekend, which is good for a couple of hours but I spend so long writing blog posts it's nuts. I need to get myself a timer or something. Window shopping is fun, but then yeah, you want to buys lots of stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband has a lot of hobbies (magic/video games/poker/fantasy football/football/tech research...) but he also likes to spend a lot of time with me. Can't complain cause how sweet is that! We watch a lot of tv together while on our laptops sending each other funny cat gifs :D :D hahahaha.

      Clothing wise, I'm kind of feeling like wanting to change up my style a bit so have been "researching" and trying to pin down exactly what i'm trying to go for.

      Delete
  3. Future Jess is always an organized-gets shit done-rockstar. Current Jess never seems to live up to Future Jess' hype.

    I've been doing a lot of Wish Shopping, too. Right now Target has all the clothes I want and I found an amazing online vintage shop that wants me to take out a second mortgage on my house. Motivates me to start making more money if nothing else.

    Fall, I am so ready for Fall in so many ways.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I'm actively looking for new online stores then I'm like why??? I already want so much crap from the ones I know of.

      I haven't been in a Target for a while so that's a good thing! They always have such cute clothes!!! Though I usually end up just buying some plain tees and cardigans.

      Delete