Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sunday Confessions 6-5-16

The United States of Becky

I confess

I haven't felt like writing posts or commenting that much these past weeks, sorry about that. With typing so much at work, I haven't felt like typing more once I get home...


I confess

Plus my roommate has been gone for a week and I like to use my PC for writing and commenting and that is upstairs and with her gone, well, I kind of  been wanting to take advantage of living room freedom ;) You know, with the hot weather, I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing! Ha. Ever since my first apartment, I've noticed that I'm a bit of a nudist (indoors! and alone!)... and it feels so suffocating to have to wear clothes all of the time.

I confess

We had adult time on the table but I didn't remove the mail and I ended up with newsprint on my back. Plus a color ad. Neil wanted to take a photo but I said no.


I confess

My outside kitties have been MIA for a few weeks now :( I haven't even seen the racoon or opossum either! I've just been followed by a carpenter bee that won't go away. Oh, and there was that squirrel that tried to pee on me when I was sitting under the tree. Where are all my animals! (Edit: They totally showed up after I wrote this! It's just down to Peaches and Yolo, but I'll take it.)


I confess

I've been feeling in mental limbo if that is a thing and I'm not sure if it really encapsulates my feelings but that's the best I can come up with. Like, I feel like I'm waiting, stuck, until something, not sure what, before to do anything, even though I have ideas, and starts to stuff I want to do, just haven't and feel like I can't... yet. For what? Ugh. It's a weird trapped feeling. It's almost like, I've finished the level, but haven't accrued enough points yet to actually level up, so I'm stuck grinding (a gaming term to describe the process of engaging in repetitive tasks) until I reach that point goal, but all the puzzles are complete so you aren't doing anything meaningful. What am I even saying? Life is not a video game, Heather.

5 comments:

  1. With how much you are having to type I can completely understand how draining that must be. Glad your kitties turned up and you have been able to let your nudist flag fly!

    We had a weird thing where a close family member and their family (I have to be stealth cause it's the interwebs ;-0)turned out to be nudists - like every year they went on vacation to some idyllic place in the woods, and after a while my Mom got a little upset they never invited us because we're kinda close. Turns out they were at a nudist camp! For years! These people were so suburban!! Sorry, it was pretty funny and amazing to us at the time! And...weirdness on top of it, it turned out that the guy who played a rather famous large feathered puppet in a very well known kid's show also went there...and sometimes brought the costume...omg my family kills me.

    I don't play video games but I think I know the feeling you are describing - hope you have something fun to jolt you out of it soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? After I had moved back in with my parents after a breakup, I found out my dad was taking vacations on his own to Pismo Beach during the summer, without my mom. She was totally cool with it because she hates being hot or going places without gambling, and they would always go to Reno later in the year. That year, the Pismo Beach hotel he always stayed at sent a postcard for Easter and something about it seemed... I don't know. So I went online and it was TOTALLY A FIVE STAR NUDIST RESORT. WHAT. hahahahahahaha. I couldn't stop laughing. My dad is like a super conservative kind of guy, like we always joke he has got to be British or something, with how reserved he is. I got a kick out of it anyways.

      But the puppet guy! Nudist puppet guy! That sound like a character for a satirical film or something, how is that real life!

      Delete
    2. So many secret nudists! OMG did your Mom know? I get the appeal of being naked in my house, or maaaaybe on a not too crowded beach...but generally the idea of a whole big naked party is um...not appealing to me.

      Yeah, he lived where the "air was sweet"...when he wasn't naked in the woods! ;-0

      Delete
  2. Oh that is the best video game to life metaphor I have ever come across. Yes. Life is a video game, in this case. I feel like I am perpetually stuck in a level where the character is weakened by something stupid because my brain is all melty and oatmealy.

    Can't blame you for not wanting to do extra typing/wanting to take advantage of naked living room time. I am the same way. When it gets too hot & humid here I just shut up all the curtains and windows and have naked time doing whatever. Enjoy your time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you are wearing a secretly cursed item that you haven't had identified yet ;)

      Delete