Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sunday Confessions 3-20-16

The United States of Becky
I confess: Normally I write these out during the week or at least the day before, but I am just now writing this at almost noon. I really over estimated my level of energy for all the weekend plans.

I confess: I downloaded OkCupid for my brother because I was getting tired of the non responses on Tinder and I may or may not have struck up a conversation with a bisexual transgender man. Whoops. Sorry Shane. Need to check those profiles more closely, ha.

I confess: I have a bunch of cleaning to do, things have been piling up in the corners, but instead my brain is focused on doing larger projects, like moving my desk. I should clean and tidy first then move it, but I really want to do it the other way round which I know takes more time and makes it more difficult. But one is decidedly more interesting. Also I don't know if my husband wants the desk where I'm thinking of putting it (because he has an opinion on everything, even when he doesn't. if that makes sense)... So I kind of want to move it when he isn't here.

6 comments:

  1. I really want a Tinder or OKCupid profile just to mess with the douche bag trolls. Is that wrong? If so, I don't want to be right.

    I hate it when Dennis has opinions about things only because it's something I want to do/change - like, you've never even given this a thought and all of a sudden you're an expert?!? Bitch, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've only experienced them through the male perspective, which gives me an idea why guys get so frustrated. It's really so much work on the guys end to get a conversation started, and if a girl participates, its so weak sauce, ugh.

      That is so my husband. Like I know he has not thought about the desk at all but if I were to ask, he would develop a strong opinion that he may or may not remember having later. And its MY desk. I put it together. I use it. It has my computer on it. And I don't want my back to the door any more. Plus it feels like its taking up awkward space on the wall it's on right now. I have so many reasons why I want to move it. The only thing that might be a problem but not really, is the wall I want to move it to has the plug attached to the switch, so it could be accidentally turned off by a switch.

      Delete
  2. That is cute you are playing cupid for your brother, internet dating is so freaky to me. Yeah just move your desk, it's not like he will move it back once it's done! He might not even notice right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind playing cupid for my brother, but I'm getting the idea that he wants me to do all of the conversation which is not appropriate i think. it's like catfishing... my husband says, ok, what if you do get a girl to finally meet your brother, they are going to know right away they were not talking to him. so i think i'm going to put my efforts with another friend, if he wants it. my brother is mildly interested in dating, but doesn't want to put any effort which is so ugh, then why.

      Delete
  3. Oh, definitely just move the desk - move it and then tidy up and clean after - much better that way I think. :)
    It is the cutest and coolest that you are doing online dating for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desk is moved! Mess is... on the floor. ha. next week.

      I really don't mind HELPING my brother but i'm getting the hint that he wants me to do it all for him which is not what i want to do, and how is that going to work with getting a girlfriend??? and i going to have to date her too? lols.

      Delete