Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday Confessions 3-13-16

The United States of Becky
I confess: Every time my neighbors argue, I appreciate my relationship with my husband a little bit more. So, thanks? My husband and I have our tiffs here and there and very rarely it escalates to where I need to excuse myself upstairs for some space, but we never yell and insult each other. That is just so awful. He is my love, even if I'm mad, I don't want to hurt his feelings. I mean, what does that say about you if you want to hurt the other person?

This time it was Mark and his wife, not Patrick. They slammed their front door so hard, it vibrated our house. Screaming at each other about "divorce" and "give me my purse back" (guy, give her her purse, seriously) in the front yard. I wanted to peek out the curtains but my husband gave me a look like DON'T YOU DARE, but then Izze got stuck on the curtain and was waving it about so oops they knew we were listening if they saw that. He drove off in a huff on his motorcycle and I'm not sure if she was able to drive off or not. Relationships are hard yes, but they shouldn't be that hard! If you are arguing to this extent OFTEN you need to break up, it's not working.

I confess: If you follow me on Instagram, I did have a cocktail almost every night this week. Normally I save drinking for Fridays and Saturdays, but I was cramping hard and was like, hmm, aspirin or liquor? LIQUOR ALL THE WAY, BABY. Plus my husband bought me this lovely ginger liquor, and I LOVE THE GINGER. It came with a little booklet on various combinations, so I had fun trying them out. I don't know if it's a better strategy than medicine, but I DON'T CARE, SO DELICIOUS.

6 comments:

  1. Ha, I "medicate" my period cramps with wine sometimes! Hearing other people fight stresses me out. I would be the annoying neighbor calling the cops if it was a regular thing. Lashing out in anger is the worst, I feel like if people started the relationship that way, that's how it continues. I don't know. I know I couldn't deal with it, I'm way to sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the couple next door haven't escalated to where i feel cops need to be called, just yelling than driving off. All the cars are back this morning so I don't know if they've made up or what. I wouldn't mind if they divorced, I would rather not know anything about my neighbors, you know, that I learn from them screaming at each other in the front yard.

      Delete
  2. I fully support and approve of your inventive cocktail habit. :)
    I have a post about my super-delightful new neighbors coming. Do you have binoculars? I totally would want them. And heck yeah I would watch that crap. Better than cable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband won't let me spy too much!!! Too bad it's super rainy otherwise I might set up a chair by the fence ;) That's why last time when it was Patrick that I had to sneak into the garage to peak through the garage window. My husband doesn't get it, ha. But he doesn't Facebook stalk either, so oh well. IT'S NOT STALKING IF THE INFORMATION ISN'T PRIVATE. ha.

      Delete
  3. I was in a relationship with a douche bag who didn't fight fair and I've always had the belief that if I care for someone, even if we are angry at each other or in a fight, I'm not going to say something out of anger just to hurt the person. I believe in fighting fair. Words hurt and can really cause long term damage. Only a tiny handful of times have Dennis and I gotten so angry during a fight that we actually screamed "Fuck You" at each other. Saying that can be cathartic, yes, and fuck is my favorite word of all favorites, but yelling that at someone you love is pretty harsh and not something we do on the regular. So lame to have crazy neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oy, I've had my share of douche bag exes too, ughhhh. My neighbor Mark reminds me of one of them which is probably why I don't like him, ha. Not fair but oh well. He even STANDS like that ex.

      My husband is very big on the no insults. Like, I can't even call the cats dumb or anything like that, so I have to say "silly". I still slip in a "fuckface" here and there if they are being especially bratty, ha. NOT TO MY HUSBAND. The cats.

      Delete