Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekend Snapshots | 5

So I dropped the ball on taking very many photos this weekend. This was the first weekend in a long series of weekends of not having any one over at all; I think I really needed it :)

My husband left for a couple of hours Saturday morning to help a lawyer from work with his Apple TV so I spent the morning cleaning. I drank some coffee, and figured out how to work out the blue-tooth speaker thing on my own. I even scrubbed the hard water stains that had been accumulating around the kitchen faucet. Dishes, vacuuming, sweeping, kitty potties...Though I must have been doing everything very fast cause after I had to lay down a bit to get my heart rate down. YAY COFFEE.

He brought home taco bell, we watched some TV, I folded the laundry, took a nap with Izze, made dinner, did the dishes, went grocery shopping, got frozen yogurt, finished washing the bedding.

I meant to get up early on Sunday to get some yard work done, but I didn't (it better be okay weather wise next weekend cause I need to do yardwork!). Went to get waxed, my husband walked around Target waiting for me, then we stopped by Lowe's to get some WD40, looked at tile that looks like wood (WANT), bought  a lavender plant and another bin to help with sorting things in the garage, got some lunch at Carls Jr and tried out the show Angie Tribeca (HILARIOUS, by the way). I then went upstairs to put away this weeks laundry and LAST weeks laundry. I ended up clearing out some of my clothes and shoes and reorganized things a bit.

So basically, this was the weekend of house cleaning. Which the house needed. And I needed.


8 comments:

  1. Holy smokes at your closet. It's so neat and everything is so visible, I'm so jealous haha! I love taking pictures of my weekend but its also nice to just chill and not grab your phone. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty lucky that I was able to transform one corner of the bedroom into a closet, you'd think I would be more fashionable ;)

      Delete
  2. Impressive!I swear someday I will have a big enough closet to actually see the clothes...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My yoga pants are still lost to time. I seriously have no clue where those things went. I still want to organize things a little bit more, but I'm pretty happy how things are with the closet right now.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a perfect weekend. I wish I was as good at housekeeping as you are. My ADD doesn't find it rewarding (at all) so I constantly get distracted and it takes me twenty billion times longer to finish than if I just did it already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What helped me with the cleaning was that Neil was gone... I noticed that when I was cleaning, I was doing like five things at once, and usually he is sitting on the couch, watching tv or playing video games, and if I can't do one of the five things my brain has pieced together, I feel "stuck" and can't do the other tasks. It's weird. I just focus on what I CAN'T do, instead of what I can. We talked about it and he said he can stay upstairs ;) ha, but also help with other tasks. But really, I don't mind doing housework, I zone out and its kind of like mediating. I just need to have no road blocks! Real or imaginary ;)

      Delete
  4. I love the kitty pic. ;)
    I tend to do my "big" housecleaning when Shawn is at work, too. It's so much easier, for some reason. Even when they are helping, it's like "Please stay out of my way. Go in that other room and dust something."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO MUCH YES. Like, it feels like anti-feminism to do the chores and not want help, but really, I do it much better without him. I mean, he can do whatever cleaning he wants upstairs, or in the garage, just don't be "in my way".

      Delete