Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday Confessions 2-14-16

The United States of Becky
I confess: I have the sweetest little brother. My husband was feeling very sick and asked him to pick me up from work and he did it without complaint. We went to the store to make tacos for dinner. I really like the adult he has turned into :) I feel like our relationship has gotten stronger in the past year. SO SAPPY.

I confess: My coworkers mom might be passing away soon and I don't want that to happen because SELFISH REASONS I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CONSOLE PROPERLY. Her mother in law passed a year or two ago, and she was so sad and I was the worst.

I confess: My husband binged on my blog (he only reads it like twice a year) and texted me "you're funny"... he always says this in a surprised way, when it happens rarely in real life. I'M A FUCKING RIOT, NEIL. Lols. It's just he is way funnier, assertive, and dominates conversation so I don't have a chance to be witty too often. Plus it takes me too long to think of funny comments until later while he comes up with stuff so quick.

6 comments:

  1. I suck at consoling too. If it happens she will hopefully take time off so you don't have to deal with that stuff too much. (I don't meant to be callous, but there are people who project their pain, whatever it is, and it is so draining.) My husband reads my blog once in awhile, usually like a couple weeks later though so whatever he brings up I'm like "Huh, what are you talking about?!" I think a lot of bloggers are funnier on the page, I'm never the loudest/funniest one in the room either. (uh not that I think my blog is that funny, but compare to irl I'm like Joan Rivers up in there! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping she will take time off too! You know, for her ;) #iamsuchanasshole
      Yeah, my husband was bringing up stuff i wrote months ago and i was like, huh? i wrote what? be more current with your feedback!
      I think it's much easier to be witty/interesting online than in person, or maybe that is truer for introverts :)

      Delete
  2. Ha ha "always the tone of surprise."
    I promise you - there is no right way to console. And sometimes people who think they are doing the best are the ones you want to slap, while the ones who think they are sucking and are like "I just don't know what to say or do..." those are the ones who are actually more comforting (at least to me) because it's more honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I can take his surprise in a positive way, that after all these years, I can still surprise him ;)

      My family usually deals with most situations with humor, and I have learned this comes across callous sometimes :( I hope she knows me well enough at this point that she gets me and I don't hurt her feelings.

      Delete
  3. Oh god, I am the worst around death and sadness. I always say the wrong thing and feel really uncomfortable. My family deals with most stuff via humor and sarcasm too, but I don't know who else deals in sarcasm so I don't want to end up sounding like an ass.

    What is it with husbands not staying current on their spouse's blogs??? Den's feedback is usually along the lines of "Your topics aren't consistent, but I like what you write. Be more consistent so your readers know what to expect." I have ADD, nothing is consistent or focused, husband, NOTHING!!! There's your consistency - it's always a surprise over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if someone dies in either of our circles (knock on wood not), then we should be fine with each other ;)

      I don't agree with your husband, a variety of topics is more interesting! Plus all your topics are about you and your life, so in a way it is consistent that way.

      My husband will sometimes joke with me and say "is this going on your blog" but he's not super invested in it. at least he does read it here and there! or at least skims it ;)

      Delete