Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Weekend Snapshots 2016 #1

I didn't think of making a little graphic for this link-up! Whoops...next week.

I also didn't think I would have any photos to share until I looked, then I was like, oh yeah, I have a ton of photos. I try not to spam my Instagram feed with too much, so I do end up with a lot of photos that don't make it there or the blog, so this link up will be great for that.

So I'm also going to cheat a bit and include New Years Eve in this post cause that was part of my elongated weekend.

My husband and I saw a crane in the field by our house. So unexpected! Gotta love the "winter" landscape of California ;)

I didn't have any plans for New Years Eve, but then my brother offered to pick up Chinese food and we asked all the same people that came for the after Christmas party to come by. There was a bunch of maybes, but then everyone showed up! And I got drunk. Again. Not the plan, but fun ;) Everyone looks like they are busy on their phones, and they are, but as a collective group. Neil downloaded a game where you use your phone as the controller!

After all the Christmas celebrations and New Years, I needed some quiet alone time! So after checking on my coworkers kitties for the last time, I did nothing and went nowhere for two days.

I wore the slipper socks my sister bought me and hung out with my kitties. I swear Toki is not that large in real life so I included a photo of her looking normal sized. They love the new floor cushions (dog beds) that my brother bought me for Christmas :)


8 comments:

  1. OMG, she does look huge in that picture!!!

    Dennis accidentally got trashed NYE, too. It was funny till it wasn't, then it was okay - and puke, there was puke (I hope you didn't puke, also).

    And that crane is really cool!!!

    Thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No vomiting for me! But I definitely had to go to bed and pass out ;) I think I got really annoying for my husband, but funnier for my friend ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I hope the kitty got a shrimp! I miss the days of imprumptu holiday get togethers. Most of our friends have kids now so it is rare. We need new friends I think! ;-) I still get really excited to see exotic (to me) birds in Florida like cranes and pelicans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This kitty actually doesn't really like people food, she just likes to hang out/get in the way, of dinner making :) She will eat vanilla ice cream and black licorice, though. So far with this group only one couple has a baby (well, my one friend has a kid in college), so it's pretty easy to get together planned or not.

      The crane is still exotic for me! I usually only see them if we go somewhere more marshy or creek like! This field normally houses ground squirrels and the occasional group of geese.

      Delete
  3. Haysoos, she looks massive in that one picture! Love the dog beds. My dogs would tear it up in a heartbeat, do they last long with cats? LOL! I LOVE your wedding canvas in the living room!

    Thanks for linking up with us! Hope to see ya next week!

    PS I approve ALLLL of the food and beverages in this post! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I took that photo of Toki, I was like, wtf she looks like she's fifty pounds! The kitties are not destructive of the floor cushions (yet, ha), my brother bought me new ones because a dog of a friend peed on the other one. Mostly my cats destroy things by shredding things, but i don't think the cushions are fun to shred for them. Though, ever since our other friend brought his other dog, and that dog slept on the cushion last saturday, my cats have refused to go on them. They really hate that dog.

      Delete
  4. Is it possible to have Chinese food jealousy? That party looked like so much fun, but chill. I like chill gatherings, as opposed to fussy gatherings.
    Yeah, I've been taking pics and being all "what do I show on instagram and what do I keep for next W.S. post?" Ah, the difficult choices of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chinese food is from a place called "king egg roll". The first restaurant opened in a shopping center off of King Road which is called King Plaza (or something like that), so they called their restaurant "king Egg Roll". Almost any party you go to in San Jose (school, work, friends etc), someone will bring a tray of King Egg Roll egg rolls and are the hero. Seriously, they are infamous here. When Shane went to pick up the food, they had taken out all the little tables to make room for the line, which filled the tiny place and was out the door. I hate to hype it up, cause things never match the hype, but the egg rolls are amazing.

      This party was definitely chill! Though I think most of mine are, just this one had no table setup or decor or favors ;)

      I'm glad you are having the same "difficult" choice! I haven't come across the "problem" yet, but I was thinking oh, how am I going to decide once it comes up? You know, cause I have to make up problems that don't even exist yet.

      Delete