Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday Confessions 1-31-16

The United States of Becky
I confess: The neighbors were having a huge fight Friday night, and I kind of maybe maybe not peeked out through the garage windows to see who it was since I was in the garage already doing laundry. I mention to Neil that I was glad the guy left, because they were starting to push each other, and I hate calling 911. I know, ALL ABOUT MY FEELINGS, RIGHT? Anyway, he says good, hopefully they will finally divorce and he won't have to listen to their friends visiting at night with their loud motorcycles. No, Neil, wrong neighbors! Not Mark, it was Patrick. Gah, why do I have two neighbors that get into screaming matches with their wives? And why do I only know the guys names and not the girls? And also I think the neighbors saw me peaking through my garage. Whoops. SUPER SLY HEATHER AS ALWAYS.

I confess: That KonMari book might have had an effect on me and made me want to tidy up the whole house... As much as I hate to admit it. All that "joy" and thanking your shit was bonkers for sure, but none the less... Though I want to wait until my roommate moves out, because then things will be put in different places once she is out and I don't feel like moving things around twice. But I think I needed a push out of my laziness, because being surrounded by clutter really annoys me and makes me feel bleh. And things are definitely getting cluttered! 

I confess: Have I mentioned how my one cat,Toki, totally doesn't mind being vacuumed? Like, I can literally place the vacuum ON HER AND VACUUM HER. She loves it. But this means she also won't get off the couch when I need to vacuum it, so I have to vacuum around her leaving a little circle of cat hair. Totes don't care though cause, hello, I get to vacuum the cat! Whut.

7 comments:

  1. My parents used to have neighbors that would get in screaming matches all the time. Sometimes it was entertaining because they would argue about the most ridiculous of things. But other times we debated on calling the cops. On those nights, we just turned on the lights in their house and it would usually make them stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I only hear Patrick and his wife arguing in the house, even though they are across the cul de sac from me, they are that loud. so seeing them argue outside was different. Not sure what they were arguing about, just that he wanted to drive off and she didn't want him to. It was amusing (for me) until the shoving started! I'm not a dramatic yelling type person so it's so bizarre for me to see other people doing it.

      Delete
  2. If I had your neighbors, I would probably have binoculars and popcorn at the window. I do like that right now no one else lives on our side of our building, but weirdo neighbors do make interesting stories, so I miss the stories. But I'm sure once the building is filled that will change. Too bad about all the yelling, though. Loud neighbors make Shawn crazy.
    Okay, I want a video of Toki being vacuumed. That sounds hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbors can be entertaining! Mostly things are quiet, so it's not so bad, but when I do hear them argue I do like to spy after awhile... I mean, they were arguing in their yard for like 30 minutes before I peaked out! Give me a medal, lols.

      I really want a video of Toki being vacuumed, so that is on the to-do list. I only do all the important things ;)

      Delete
  3. I have weird freak out call the cops type feelings when I hear people fight, probably because my own parents use to fight a lot. But if they're like outside for all the world to hear and see they do deserve an audience/spying! I really want to see your cat being vacuumed, please video it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbors growing up would always have crazy parties/fights when their parents were gone (police helicopters and the whole bit) so it's not as interesting as that but i'm okay with that ;) Normally my neighborhood is really calm and quiet, so it is really out of place. Hope they do manage to figure things out though! I like happy couples. But seriously, the woman seems like a bitch. My only encounter with her was five years ago was when I first moved in and she yelled at my sister to move her car cause she wanted the street clear for her kids to play basketball.

      Delete
  4. My neighbors fight, too, or rather, the woman yells profanities at the man for about 20 minutes every 6-8 weeks. It's hard not to laugh because I a) wonder what the hell he did and b) she repeats the same couple of phrases over and over again, "You no good muthafucker" "Fuck you, you muthafucker" and "You god damned, muthafucker" repeated in rotation. Maybe she's related to Samuel L. Jackson?

    I refuse to even look at that KonMari book. I love my stuff, damnit! #hoarderintraining

    ReplyDelete