Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday Confessions 1-10-16

The United States of Becky
I confess: Traffic is back. Make it go away.

I confess: My husbands "road rage" is hilarious though. "You ARE NOT CARPOOLING! That is just a baby! That is just called TAKING CARE OF YOUR BABY. You two didn't have a conversation this morning about taking only one car today." Though by his strict standards, I wouldn't count as carpooling either, he says all people in the car must have a valid drivers license to count as carpooling. You know, when the carpool is full and not moving.

I confess: My sister and her bf wanted a cooking pan with a lid and some cookie sheets but it's been out of their budget so I purchased it for them. I love that they want to cook at home! Last time I was there, she kind of made a face that they don't really like the same things. Neil and I went through the same thing but we have figured out a lot of things we both like now. It takes time. 

I confess: I've misplaced another item, my new yoga pants that I bought on clearance for $8. So last month was the favor bags, this month the yoga pants. Dang, ya'll. It's not expensive items, but these pants I can't replace because they don't have them anymore. My life is just the worst, guys. /s

8 comments:

  1. I've yelled at people in the carpool lane for the same thing! I also get irrationally made at people who just hang out in the left lane when there is no one to pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally my husband is a chill driver, but that carpool lane! Like, even i start getting mad when someone is going 50, but the lane next to us is going over 60, but we can't pass, and we can see clear road ahead of the person going 50. Like, if you don't want to drive fast, rush hour is not the time to putz around. get out of the carpool lane! that's the whole point!!!!

      Delete
  2. The pants and favor bags will turn up surely? Unless you have a gremlin or something! ;-0 That sucks though, I hate not being able to find stuff. Agree with your hubby, "Baby on Board" is no excuse to hog that carpool lane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm perplexed about the missing items, like, i'm a bit messy sometimes, but not super disorganized. I need to do a spring cleaning I think. Those were my first pair of yoga pants, just trying out the whole wearing yoga pants as pants thing, and they were super comfortable! So maybe I need to invest in another pair...

      Delete
  3. I'm always tempted to use the HOV lane when I have Jack in the car, but I know that doesn't count as a carpool so I don't. Slow drivers in the HOV is the WORST!!! The whole point is to beat traffic - ugh.

    I have to try to keep my road rage in check when I have Jack in the car - I (somewhat calmly) pointed out another drive didn't know what they were doing and Jack was all like, "Come on other car!! Get it together!!!" At least he didn't drop an f-bomb.

    I have a shirt I misplaced years ago that I keep hoping is going to turn up even though I'm pretty sure it's not going to. I miss that shirt. It was so cute. And it's not like I changed at the gym or theater or friends house or anywhere away from my house so in theory it should still be somewhere. I'm starting to believe in miniature wormholes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In California, babies and kids totally count for carpooling. At least I think it does, because everyone does it.

      Mini wormholes has to be it! You know what went missing a few years ago? The little black pluggy thing for the kitchen sink. What. And why. That isn't something you carry around the house and keep putting in different spots.

      I love your kid being a back seat driver, ha! He's like a driving wing man, he's got your back ;)

      Delete
  4. Okay, yoga pants must turn up at some point, I feel like. Maybe you have a lint gremlin in your dryer? Hmm.
    I totally swing back and forth between being a super chill, relaxed, patient driver to "fucking GO!!!!" - there is no in-between. Although California roads, I think, are the extreme of everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i feel like i need to do a deep clean or something! i know i bought the pants after my vacations so i didn't leave them in a hotel room or something. it's really annoying.

      traffic here is... a lot. which is why most people tell you how long it takes to get to their place vs actual miles. miles means nothing. traffic is everything. everything is "twenty minutes" away ;) ha.

      Delete