Monday, December 7, 2015

Homemade Caramels in a Jar

Katrina really knows how to make something simple but with lots of cute details! The printed waxed paper, the mason jar with the snowflake lid, the little snowflake and twine... She glued the snowflake to a little clothespin and threaded the twine through that and wrapped it around. Gave it such an adorable, rustic vibe. Mason jars and twine are just made for each other.
Her sister had the genius idea to eat the caramels with a little bit of sea salt; I ate mine too fast to even think of another way to eat them. If I were to make these, I might try to find a cute tin of sea salt to add to the jar.

this is the recipe she used:
15 Minute Microwave Caramels

6 comments:

  1. Wow, microwave caramels sounds dangerous! (as in I would eat them all and make more and then eat them agh!) I love homemade candy at Christmas, we had a neighbor a long time ago who would make my Mom and me homemade toffee, it was like crack, we would eat the whole plate like goblins and then be sad we hadn't made it last longer! Really pretty packaging idea too! (Might pin this one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a few more caramels in the jar before I took the photos, I just couldn't wait! I wish I had a neighbor making me candy, homemade candy has such a different flavor :) :) Pin away, my friend would be thrilled!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Anything with caramel is a win in my book :)

      Delete
  3. Ok, that is seriously cute with the snowflake on the twine and the lid. I didn't even know they made printed wax paper.
    Homemade caramels are on of those things that store-bought will never ever come close to. Store-bought caramel: hmm...this is good. Homemade caramel: oh my god all the yum holy crap I want to never stop eating this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is really good at making cute things :) i need to start making candy again, i haven't made any in forever.

      Delete