Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Get Your Drunk On: Brandy Alexander

This is something my husband calls the "Lewis pancake drink." Yes, it's dairy based. His first reaction to it was "What the fuck are you drinking? Is that pancake mix???" It did make me look at it a little differently, I mean, it kind of does look like a glass of pancake batter... 

My sister will usually make a large batch in a 8 cup measuring cup, to be stored in the fridge to stay chilled until glasses need to be refilled. Putting it in such a vessel makes it easy to pour, so you don't have to worry about your coordination too much. 

I was just making this for myself, so no need for the large container. I just poured it directly into a glass. (Though in the future I may double the amounts, one serving is so small!)

I decided this needed a Lewis Double Dairy Twist (I felt that warranted some capitalization), so I have added a bourbon whipped cream on top.
Ingredients:
2 oz Bourbon
1 oz Creme de Cacao
1 oz Heavy Whipping Cream

For the drink: Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

For the whipped cream: Whip 1 cup cream until soft peaks form, slowly add 2 tablespoons of sugar, then fold in 1.5 tablespoons of bourbon. (I usually make whipped cream in a chilled metal bowl. I just put the bowl in the freezer about 20 minutes before)


Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.

10 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! I may need to take this to the company Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super easy to make! And it's like drinking a dessert :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Despite my husbands comments, they are delicious! Even without the extra step of adding the whipped cream.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I never knew what a Brandy Alexander was, looks delicious! Is there a reason you prefer a metal bowl? (I have whipping cream disasters aplenty, I've over whipped it to butter so tend to under whip now, afraid to go past the point of no return!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom would always use a metal bowl and I think the metal bowl helps with keeping the cream from getting too warm and not whipping up properly. And it keeps cooler longer once being in the freezer (i also throw in the whip attachments in the freezer too). Never had any disasters! My mom has made butter a few times though ;) I've also heard about adding gelatin to whipping cream to maintain its shape but I haven't tried that yet.

      Delete