Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday Confessions: 11-8-15

The United States of Becky
I confess: My suitcase from vacation is still sitting on the floor, opened, and unpacked. 

I confess: I am writing this instead of cleaning that up and I'm okay with that. 

I confess: I bought my sister a Christmas tree (artificial) for her new apartment and I wasn't sure if she was going to like it. She was texting me as she was opening the Amazon (of course) box, then stopped after she found out it was a tree. I thought maybe she was disappointed, but in the nine minutes of silence, she opened the box, set up, plugged it in, and sent me a photo :) She can be frustrating sometimes (just doing her younger sister duty) but I just love it when I do something for her that she really loves :) 

I confess: I still have no want to buy myself a tree.

8 comments:

  1. I live out of my vacation suitcase for at least a week, if not longer after returning home. Unless it's full of dirty laundry. But I usually pack so much extra stuff that I don't need when I go on vacation, it rarely makes sense to unpack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband took out all of the dirty laundry and I did nothing ;)

      Delete
  2. Right now, it's renaissance faire season. Which means we're out of our house (not really out of town, but sorta) all weekend. Which means I have a suitcase to unpack every Monday. Which never actually gets unpacked until several weeks after the festival is over. That adds up to almost 12 weeks of not unpacking a suitcase. For example, I'm reading and commenting on blogs instead of unpacking said suitcase. Unpacking is lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, 12 weeks! i don't feel so bad :) :) my plan is to completely unpack mine this weekend, so that's only two weeks? but it is such a pain! i think if i needed a suitcase packed every weekend i would never unpack. i don't know how people who have to travel a lot do it.

      Delete
  3. It's cool that you bought your sister a tree! I can't believe I'm this behind on my blog reading already. Oops! Any particular reason you don't want a tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one: it never even crossed my mind to get a tree until my brother got me one a few years ago. i was literally so surprised that he was like, no, you have to have a tree. if i think back to all my apartments, i never really "nested" or decorated for the holidays. my sister has been making her apartment all cozy and i'm sitting here wondering why i never did? my husband says i lived my life like i was always ready to move ;)

      Delete
  4. Day 3 of vacation suitcase staring me out from the floor, full of stuff I won't wear again for 6 months (ok mostly stuff I won't wear til I go to Florida again in a year!). I can open it and get a whiff of beach, I don't want to let go! Really nice thought getting your sis a tree. I forced the hubby to get real trees out first few years but it's like our apt. is shrinking, I seriously have nowhere to put one anymore and I do miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, beach smell :) I just barely unpacked the suitcase.. and I have to repack for another trip. The worst, right ;)

      My sister loves her tree, and I even have some new! unused! unopened! ornaments for her. why do I have those who knows.

      Delete