Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sunday Confessions 11-22-15

The United States of Becky

I confess: I don't understand how my coworker can be over 70 years old and still not know basic things. The toilet was clogged, but she didn't "know" even though she did admit the water flowed slower than normal. You know, indication that it's going to clog the next use. So no word from her, Neil uses it, and it's clogged. So we had to call a plumber because it just wasn't working with the plunger. Nastiness EVERYWHERE. So I was late to work because I had to one: wait for a plumber, and two: clean up the bathroom. I was not happy when I saw her at work. She said she had no idea that water acting weird in the toilet was a concern. I guess she never put the two and two together??? ARRRGH.

I confess: I have no idea why people want to tell me about their sex lives. One of my coworkers asked if I knew of a location near where we lived to get a massage and I said the only spa I knew of seemed sketchy. He laughed and said, oh yeah, on the app Next Door they say the same. THEN he went on saying maybe he should go there for the happy ending and his wife would wonder why he was so happy... and AHHH he kinda then insinuated that his wife doesn't give him happy endings any more and I just keep typing like OH OKAY LET'S TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE NOW.

I confess: I can't wait until I get to the age when I can vomit without every one thinking I'm pregnant. Not pregnant guys.

6 comments:

  1. Um male co-workers talking unsolicited to you about sex is...not legal/ technically harassment. Just saying. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, it's not cool. The 70 yr old is full of crap, just like the toilet! She knew, she just didn't want to deal with it obv. I mean, right?! ...then again my aunt is 60 and she's always had a roommate (is currently my Mom), and she would pull this shiz, she acts like a teenager with her domestic responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, don't get me started on the HR disaster that is my work >.< Normally I keep things about our mutual interest in cats and The Walking Dead, so I don't know what happened that day.

    My roommate really is that dim. She really had NO IDEA that there were signs before a toilet clogged, that it was going to clog. There are lots of things she didn't know, like that rainbows have a specific color order. It's not random. Blew her mind! I feel a bit bad for her because she isn't doing great financially because her deceased husband use to take care of it and now she is in charge and... well, she really doesn't know what she is doing. It's just bizarre because she drives a stick shift and has been working with computers before they were called computers so I feel like she managed to coast through life yet stilled learned valuable skills?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was the same as Steff's - that she knew what was up and was just playing dumb. But then, like you said - some people really are just that dumb.

    BTW, I love that you listed the link name as "heather potato." Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have known this lady for almost five years now, and she still surprises me at how much she doesn't notice!

      ha, i'm glad you thought it was funny (heather potato), it made me laugh ;)

      Delete
  4. As a massage therapist, I see red whenever anyone jokes about happy endings. I get ragey and stabby. I wish prostitution were legal so when I say I'm a massage therapist I don't get the reaction of "you're a massage therapist, nudge, nudge, wink, wink". I will fucking end you, creepy guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can imagine! I would think that "joke" would get old REAL FAST.

      Im in the same camp that prostitution should be legal. Once it can be regulated, and recognized as legit, so many of the awful things that happen can be eliminated.

      Delete