Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday Confessions: 10-4-15

The United States of Becky
I confess: Have you ever thought about your life and how pointless it is and nothing you do ever really matters in an empty, existential way not a sad, depressed way? It's been one of those weeks.

I confess: I'm afraid that once I stop taking the pill, my face is going to freak out and be zit central. (Deep, meet shallow)

I confess: I'm no noob to online shopping but I thought I ordered Halloween stuff like a week ago, but turns out nope, I didn't. So I had to order again, but not really again, since I didn't do it properly the first time.

I confess: My bedside manner isn't great. My husband had a dream that I died and needed hugs, which I gave, but then said "Don't have sex with my dead body, they can tell those things" and he looked at me and said that he felt weird and sad now and to stop talking. And somehow the conversation evolved into sex robots and the ethical moral dilemma of making child versions. Now he really wanted me to shut up. MY BRAIN IS A WEIRD PLACE, I'M SORRY. YOU WOKE ME UP WITH DEAD WIFE DREAMS, SO THIS IS KIND OF YOUR FAULT.

I confess: I stopped to listen to my OTHER neighbors across the street argue when I was doing yard work (about 8 am on a Saturday). Mostly was caught "YOU LYING FUCKING BITCH"...One: Don't call each other names, that isn't fighting fair, you can't take those words back. Two: You have kids in the house, you are teaching them this is how people argue.

I confess: Oh, and today is my birthday.


8 comments:

  1. Why yes, I do frequently embrace nihilism - sometimes because I just wake up that way but also when it's convenient for me. You know, same as most other belief systems. Like when papers have been sitting on my desk for two months and no one has asked about them and I don't know what to do with them? Well, life is meaningless anyway so it doesn't matter if I put them in the shredder.

    Happy birthday!! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the bday wishes :) just chilling at home eating togos. so, the best kind of day.

      i always joke about throwing away stuff at work... but its all medical charts so i'm sure that's like a no-no ;) but some of the charts have birthdates from the early 1900's, I'm sure they are dead now and are not going to ask for their chart. just saying.

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (Hugs)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it's been a great (and quiet!) bday weekend.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I was going to stay stop traumatizing your husband (I kid!) but it's your b-day so do what you want! ;-) Seriously though I can relate to the missing sensitivity chip thing, and yet if it's him being insensitive there will be blood! No f-words or other scary sad stuff though, I grew up with fighting parents and it was not fun. There was a really freaky show here recently called Humans you might like, it's about these very lifelike robots (played by human actors but in a very convincing robot manner!) that people have and as you can imagine the sometimes weirdness that entails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My poor husband ;) He has a much better bedside manner than I do, so no complaints from me. I usually deal with most situations with humor...

      I will have to look up that show!

      Delete
  4. Hey!!! I'm late to the game, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete