Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday Confessions: 10-11-15

The United States of Becky
I confess: I may or may not have figured out the address of my boss and maybe or maybe not have looked it up on Google and Zillow to figure out what it looked like, when he bought it, for how much, sq footage, room count and it's estimated value today vs my homes stats. 

I confess: My husband and brother and friends have gotten back into playing Magic... this game is soooo boring and confusing. They want me to play but no thanks. I'm a dork, not a nerd ;)

I confess: I'm pretty sure my neighbor was in my backyard and tried to move my turtle. My turtle has been a butt and has been sleeping in the far corner instead of his hut, and has been digging. I was going to place some pavers in that corner this weekend and when I went to see if turtle was sleeping there, I saw no turtle but foot prints. Turtle was  a dozen feet away, facing a pile of branches, like he walked until he couldn't, which is what he does when he gets all agro when he is sleepy and someone messes with him. If my turtle moved  on his own, there would have been turtle tracks in the corner, not foot prints. TRUST ME I KNOW. So someone stepped in the corner AFTER my turtle moved. Confused? My husband thinks it's my foot prints. I will have to draw a diagram. 

9 comments:

  1. I want to see this diagram for sure. People should not be messing with Turtle.
    The house thing is hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my neighbor should have just said something! i'm beginning to think i'm the scary neighbor ;) i hope they see that i've modified the corner (cornered it off with pavers and filled it in with dirt) right after "the incident" so they will think, oh crap, she knows! cause, what a coincidence, right?

      my boss' (bosses?) house wins on the looks department (outside) but I totes "win" everywhere else ;) based on when and how much he paid, I know for a fact his mortgage is higher, with a smaller square footage and, ahem, cheaper valued home. it's the little things that satisfy. a girl at work accidentally looked at a fax that had peoples salaries on them, and he was on there, and he makes six figures... but he bought that home before he was married, which makes me wonder why they haven't moved, because she makes a butt ton too. Though, in this area, six figures just means middle to upper class, not rich :/ day care for one child averages about 1200-1600 a month.

      Delete
    2. And yet another reason I am glad to NOT live in Cali.

      Delete
  2. Someone better not be messing with your turtle! I feel like I've heard of Magic and vaguely associate it with Dungeons and Dragons? I love that you real estate stalked your boss, what is the point of the internet if we can't nose around other people's lives I say?! ;-) I used to Google Maps stalk my old house where I grew up (I haven't been there in like 20 yrs), it's such a weird feeling! Sometimes those internet stats for houses are off kilter, I know my Mom's is still valued as a two bed when she has a large extra bed and bath extension they don't account for. She was really excited when I told her I thought it was undervalued! But your house sounds way better definitely, you win! ;-)

    p.s. maybe you can booby trap Mr. Turtle's area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you remodel without permits and such, the newer stats won't necessarily show up, at least, that's how I understand it. And internet price is always looked at with a side eye, but the bought price is definitely real. And he bought his home for a hundred thousand more than I bought mine. But he bought his before the housing bubble burst and his front lawn/house looks amazing. Mine looks... well. The list is long ;)

      My husband asked if I wanted a camera in the backyard, and I told him no, but I've been thinking about it, and I'm thinking maybe a yes now.

      Delete
    2. Her house had the extension before she moved in like 10 years ago, so yeah maybe it wasn't zoned. Real estate prices drive me nuts - like it costs the same to buy a one bed apartment where I live as it would to buy a freaking 3 bed ranch house in Florida, it kills me. You should definitely put a camera back there to solve the mystery!

      Delete
    3. Home and apartment prices are crazy :/ this area is super high!

      Oh, magic is a card game and you try to attack the other player with cards until you win. That's all i understand of it ;)

      If it was a kid, joke was on them trying to move an 80 pound sleeping tortoise! Mr Turtle is now behaving and is sleeping in his hut.

      Delete
  3. I looooooove looking up other people's houses on Google/Zillow/HAR (Houston Area Realty). And I always look at what houses near us are listed as. And I'm sorry about your (crappy?) neighbor for messing with Turtle. NOT COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the information is on the internet, it's not really snooping is it? Cause it's all just there for anyone to see. It's not like i've mad computer skillz and hacking into their cloud or anything ;) But yeah, my choice of real estate stalking was making my coworker laugh.

      Delete