Wednesday, September 23, 2015

What I Wore: 4th Anniversary Dinner

One of the things I love to do is get dressed up and eat fancy food. Luckily my husband indulges me here and there! One of my coworkers recommended this restaurant after he took his wife for their anniversary. 
Photos of some of the food. The salad and dessert course didn't get photographed, so many courses! My husband took these photos for me because he was facing the doorway and could snap them quick before the servers came. It seemed too nice of a place to be Instagramming ;) I was surprised he obliged me!
It was a bit farther than I was thinking, and it's on such a weird road. It's a mix of historical buildings and farms... The view was just lovely, it was nice to see some greenery!
Despite being tucked out of the way, the restaurant was full! We had a great time and the evening was warm so I didn't freeze on the way back to the car. Win!
I didn't have to buy anything new because I already have a bunch of dresses that are too "fancy" to wear to regular dinners out.
Dress // White House Black Market
Shoes // Cathy Jean
Belt // White House Black Market
Sweater // Boden
Bracelets // H&M

9 comments:

  1. That dress is super cute!!! I love the belt with it - I never seem to be able to pair a belt with a dress and have it look nice. I guess I just haven't figured it out yet. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be perfectly honest, the sales girl at the store styled the dress for me! The original way she had it was the belt over a black cardigan (as was the thing then. I bought the dress and belt like... six years ago?) and I was like, sold! Ha. I would never would have thought to even try on the belt, it looks so wide!

      Delete
  2. Fancy! The food looks great! I like your outfit, very pretty. I wouldn't think to put green with b&w but it looks really cool together! I didn't know you get Boden in America, will keep an eye out for bargains when I'm over because everything is cheaper there compared to here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there are any brick and mortar bodens here, i order everything from them online ;)

      i thought the jewel tone of the green would look nice with the satin black/white, i'm not always good about those things but I think it worked out well this time!

      Delete
  3. That dress is super cute! Sounds like you had a fantastic anniversary! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you guys had so much fun - super cute outfit - the green offset the black & white dress perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know if I would go there again, I'm finding I prefer asian-fusion steak houses over french cuisine (oh god that sounds pretentious as f*ck), but I really liked the atmosphere.

      Delete