Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday Confessions

The United States of Becky
My baby kat has been trying to bite my nose for six years now and finally accomplished her goal. She didn't seem to recognize it for the momentous occasion that it was. Once it stopped bleeding, I saw that not only did she give me a bit of a gash, it was also bruised. I hoped the purple would fade over night... luckily the whole mess kind of blended in with the curve and shadow of my nose. I still used a liberal amount of concealer. No one said anything... so either they were being polite or it really wasn't that noticeable.



Neil has been nesting! He has purchased new kitty litter containers, trying out amazon buttons, solar panels, mopping robot thing... Yes, some are more pricey than others. The solar panels we get a rebate on, so there's that I guess. Thanks California :)



Crime is up in the neighborhood, break ins are occurring with regular occurrence and without much care of the surveillance cameras. I've been following on the app Next Door, and it's made me feel a little uneasy. At least our yard looks like crap so hopefully we don't look like a good target! They have a few ways of getting in: one are just forcing their way through the front door and ransacking the houses in less than fifteen minutes, others go through unlocked side gates and find garage doors that are unlocked, others break gate locks, and pretend to be gardeners and turn on leaf blowers once in the backyard to hide the noise of breaking glass and leave the house with all the goods in yard trimming bins... My boss had a theft the other day, his wife was dropping of the kids at the daycare, left her handbag in the car, walked up to sign in the kids and walked back, and in that time her bag was gone. It was a Louis Vuitton with her personal and work iphone in it. Score for thieves that day. In the fifteen minutes it took for her to realize and quickly call to cancel her debit card, they already made two purchases. This is why Neil is so vigilant about our car: no personal belongings left behind ever. No change visible in the drink tray. And we park the car in the garage now.



Our doorbell picked up a bit of our neighbors argument... I guess it doesn't just turn on for movement. It was sad, she was crying a lot :(My husband also heard them argue the other night with the guy saying "Do you really want to get a divorce?"... It's weird hearing other people argue.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That is scary about the crime and break-ins! Wow. I guess as the Fake Mad-Eye Moody would say: "constant vigilance!" But yikes.
    Funny about the nose bite - I mean, it's not fun having your nose bitten, but the way you described that she's been trying to make it happen for 6 years gave me a good chuckle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really hurt and there was a lot of blood, but the purple was a surprise! didn't expect a bruise. we call her our little shark because she is always trying to bite us. usually i cover my face and she will bite my jaw and neck. i also call her fuck face but neil says that's mean.

      Delete
    2. Well, I mean...in that she's trying to bite your face, and in the act being a fucker, fuck face may be appropriate. ;p

      Delete
  2. Ugh I don't think looking at crime stats helps anyone sleep at night :-( Neighbors fighting, why we left our last place, because their drunken violence was ruining our lives. Probably why we have stayed in our overcrowded, too small, but QUIET apt. as long as we have! Hope it was just a one off fight, sometimes they sound worse than they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mostly our neighbors are awesome, but those neighbors... he has friends that all have motorcycles so sometimes they are over and revving engines late at night. he is also a tow truck driver (sometimes???) and his truck is really loud when it starts up. haven't seen that truck in awhile though, so maybe he has a different job now.

      Delete
  3. It's so weird to hear other people argue, but I usually can't pull myself away from eavesdropping. Our next door neighbors fight about once a month or so and it's usually the woman yelling the same profanities at the man over and over again for about half an hour. No shame, either, she just stands on the back steps and yells at him while he stands in the back yard. Classy.

    That Next Door app is a blessing and a curse. I rarely look at it anymore, but I definitely need to be more vigilant about not leaving stuff in my car overnight (or more like for days on end).....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't go on NextDoor daily, people are such drama llamas on there, like they've never encountered social media before or something.

      Yeah, I felt a teeny bit bad listening, because I totally stopped what I was doing and turned towards their home, but damn, it's not like I was peeping in their window! I was like five houses away.

      Delete