Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sunday Confessions 9-6-15

The United States of Becky
My husband had another fantasy football draft after work on Thursday, so I decided to just take the day off since he is my ride home. Made it easier and I would get some introvert time! I decided to spend the morning doing some chores I normally don't get around to on the weekend: upstairs hall closet, garage, back yard.... After about four hours of sweating and getting exhausted I start the laundry and check my phone. Husband has been texting me so I decide to take a break and text him back. A few minutes go by and the power goes out. 



Whut. 



I text him that. He says: oh yeah. Apparently he forget that was going to happen that day. And forgot to tell me. Great. No TV. No Computer. No Internet. No laundry. No dishwasher. No vacuuming. So I can't entertain myself, and I can't do much of my other chores either. Eventually the power comes back on but because Neil forgot about the power thing, now the internet isn't working. I send him a text telling my woes. He sends me instructions.



Whut.



So I take a photo of the mess behind the TV and try to navigate the avalanche of cords. Of course my phone starts being slow and taking photos and sending it to him while waiting for his feedback takes time. Finally after almost an hour I get the little computer turned on and he can trouble shoot from work. Oy.

Finally I'm able to use my day off the way I wanted it to: wasting time on the computer. I start up Sims 4 and zone out playing. Need to rid myself of my crankiness. A few hours later... power goes out again. WHAT THE HELL. I text my husband and he says that wasn't suppose to happen. I just go downstairs and sit on the couch in the dark with some candles lit. Luckily the power was only out for forty minutes, but now the internet wasn't working again. ARRGH.

Worst day off ever.


***So I guess the confession is: I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TECH.

6 comments:

  1. lol......I have had that happen to me before. Took a day off for work, totally intending to veg out watching movies, dinking around on the net and BAM! No access. Darn technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it the WORST? hahaha. my husband was super patient with me though, and luckily he wasn't home to see my crankzilla mode. he knows the frustration of no internet so at least some empathy on his end! plus i think he felt bad about not remembering about the whole no power thing.

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOD Those are a LOT of wires! It's amazing how life without power freaks us out so quickly.When it first goes out I like to pretend I am in olden times/Little House on the Prairie but then five minutes go by and I'm bored out of my mind!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if i knew the power was going to go out, i would have planned my day differently... the yard work and such would have been an afternoon thing instead! all my plans centered around having internet :/

      Delete
  3. OMG That is quite the collection of cords! :) Ha ha!
    It sucks having a plan and it getting ruined at all, but when it was so motivated and all productive and shit is the worst.
    I always think I can live without the internet until I lose power and then I'm all "aaahhh!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was very sweet through my tantrum though if he was there in person he might have quipped "first world problems" which i usually respond with "WHAT OTHER KIND OF PROBLEMS WOULD I HAVE?" but maybe not since he would have been irritated over no internet as well....

      Delete