Tuesday, August 4, 2015

WIW: Friend's Birthday Party


I was torn between two outfits, and finally decided on this. I wasn't sure how to dress at all! I'm so glad I went with this outfit though because everyone else was dressed super casual. I would have been really out of place with the other outfit (skirt and blouse). I'll save that one for Vegas :)

I should have went with the outfit my coworker advised! She said you can't go wrong with a nice blouse, skinny jeans, and wedges. She was so right! There were at least three other girls with that exact outfit. It's a winning combo :) I will have to keep that in mind for next time (which I did, for my friends baby shower, but I didn't get a photo of that outfit).
The battery was charging on my camera so terrible mirror selfies it is. And these wedges are a size 6.5!!! I normally wear a size 5.5-6 so this brand runs small.


Dress: Target
Wedges: Tesori/Nordstrom Rack
Shrug: Ebay (long time ago!)
Earrings: 1928

Oh, and here is a bonus photo of my husband dancing :)



4 comments:

  1. Cute! I especially like the shoes & earrings. I love me some accessories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love 1928 (the brand)! i have so many earrings from them :)

      Delete
  2. Aw, I think it's much nicer to be a little bit different and your dress is pretty, but know what you mean about wanting to pull off the effortless skinny jeans and top thing - except when I put on skinny jeans i get a muffin top so then I have to hide it with a baggy top and then I look like a disproportionate Kool-Aid man! Argh. I miss 1928, we don't get it here, it's sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add that the party was in the Santa Cruz mountains, which I didn't think about as I was dressing. Mountains=Redwoods=COLD. We ate outside and I was FREEZING. Luckily I brought a jacket as well otherwise I would have died ;)

      Delete