Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Confessions 8-16-15

The United States of Becky
  • We have let Toki have some "me time" in the front yard to curb her peeing on the carpet (along with some other measures, she has stopped. Wish I could the pee smell out though!), and now she is INSISTENT on this time all of the time. She has never meowed so loud in her whole life; she is turning into Soya.
  • My roommate is thinking she might retire/move out by April of next year. She is always saying she is going to retire, but my husband seems to think this is the real deal this time. He has started to measure her room. He wants to make that the tv/video game room.
  • Every summer, we come home one day to mysterious flies. Like, a few dozen young flies all up on our kitchen and back window. This summer it has happened twice. We check all the vents, take out all the trash, clean, check every nook and cranny we can think of... nothing. It's so frustrating.

4 comments:

  1. Now I want to google how to get rid of mystery flies. Are they just basic flies or fruit flies or something else?

    Housing is a daydream of mine. Part of the time I tell myself I don't need much and I should be able to downsize. Then the rest of the time I feel like I want more space, a better apartment where there's a pool or more light or whatever. Conflicting values, I guess. But good luck with the roommate thing - an extra room is always nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think they are just a green bottle fly, we think they MUST be coming from the outside but we just can't figure it out! we've been deep cleaning everything, no luck. my brother was confused as well, he said we are so tidy it's weird!

      owning my own property is amazing, everything being broken and needing to be fixed/replaced is not. i use to have a lot more free time at the apartment (and air conditioning!). today i spend time doing yardwork, discovering termites, getting rid of said termites, sanding and priming the bathroom, and putting laundry away. you know, all the fun stuff for a sunday ;)

      Delete
  2. Hm, at least the fly thing is temporary/a one off - weird though! Is your roommate on a lease so you know when she might leave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually have a very strong trust/bond with the roommate, there is no paperwork! She is 72 years old and we work together. She has been saying she is going to retire for the past two/three years... but my husband seems to think this is going to happen this time! She isn't good with her money and has finally gotten the help of a friend. I don't mind her staying, she has lived with me for almost three years now. I can't imagine getting a better roommate, she is clean, quiet, pays on time, the cats like her...It's just for me, we had an apartment before the house where it was just the two of us for a few years, and I LOVED THAT. So, I'm a bit antsy to get back to that.

      Delete