Thursday, August 6, 2015

I'm not a hoarder. I'm just prepared.

I'm not sure what one would call it... future presents cache? A gift stash? Bin of potential gifts? Treasure chest? Box of crap I didn't really need to buy? Either way, I have one, and I know of one other friend that has one: Katrina. We keep finding out things that we do/like that is the same so we keep becoming best friends all over again all of the time. It's just the best #troutsistahsforlyfe

Stay on topic, Heather.


I'm going with the term gift stash. That seems like the best term for it? I might change my mind later, but that's what I'm going to call it right now. 

My gift stash is:

  • specific items that I have bought for a specific person, just their birthday/Christmas isn't here yet. 
  • items I bought on a really good sale. 
  • super cute items I just know I can add to another gift to give it a bit more oomph.
  • items purchased because I was just $5 away from free shipping (otherwise I'd be paying $5 or up in shipping fees, so might as well get a tangible item out of it!). 
  • free bonus items that came with another item but I don't have a use for it. 
  • a lot of... things.
I keep it reasonably contained to one box, and I don't buy perishables. Also, non specific people items have to at least be appropriate for two people in my life or I don't buy it. Those are my criteria. 

Do you have one? Do you have a name for it???

4 comments:

  1. I do not have one of these. Interesting idea, but I'd probably screw it up - if I buy a birthday card too soon before the date, I end up setting it on a shelf and forgetting about it completely and then they never get it. So disorganized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find having it all in one box makes it easier to remember the items. plus i write on my calendar at work when to wrap/send gifts :) it's something i've only started within the past three years.

      Delete
  2. This is actually a really good idea - when I get free crap I usually use it once then it ends up in a pile ignored with more free crap. (Not that your box is full of crap, it's actually really nice looking stuff!) But I totally do the buy something random to get free shipping thing too and end up with something I don't want or need. I'm like Becky, if I do plan ahead I usually forget what I've done with the thing. I admire your organization skillz! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can agonize and spend more time pondering the item to get to justify the free shipping than the original items! Too often I have ended up with stuff I don't like/want. This box idea has really helped with that, because now I can add other people to the puzzle and end up with better items (I think, most people don't really say if they don't like your gifts).

      Delete