Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sunday Confessions 7-26-15

The United States of Becky

Pesto
I don't know why it's taken me so long to try it! I love basil so it would seem like a no brainer. It's amazing, and I think I'm going to keep coming up with ways to consume it. I bought a jar from Costco so I kind of have to. I'm still not a huge pasta fan, but this really makes a difference.

Snoring
My roommate was gone for the weekend and my husband walked by her room and thought he heard her snoring. He went to the window to check for her truck, that's how much he really thought she was here. He went back to her door, still heard it. Didn't want to open her door because that is rude/awkward and then realized: He thought the AIR COMPRESSOR from the workers behind our house was her snoring!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That can give you a clue as to how loud she snores ;)

Toilet
We had a new toilet installed the downstairs bathroom, and of course it was missing a piece so now we have to wait until that arrives to actually finish it! Always some snafu in whatever we do. We want to re-do the shower as well, just haven't decided if we want to go the "cheap" route of a pre-fab one or go for the custom built one. Then after that, just have to figure out how I want to decorate the walls. We don't have a fan, so it can get pretty wet in there, so I don't know if any canvas art would be a good idea. 


4 comments:

  1. I freaking love pesto! It's so good on chicken with a little provolone and if you want to make a sandwich, you can use any kind of focaccia or toasted bread (if you have a panini press) - mmm....YUM!

    Totally go with the custom bathroom. It'll take longer and cost more, but in the end, you'll probably be 1000x happier. Especially if, as I imagine, you are the type of person who likes to design a bit of those things yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the jar does say to use it with chicken, so I will have to try that! but the sandwich idea is great too... i have half a jar left so i needed some ideas! impulse buying at costco isnt always a great idea. but at least it's tasty!

      my husband LOVES to be the idea guy and get all creative. I have some ideas, but i prefer to be presented with a few ideas and then sculpt them from there. plus, if i'm in charge, i would have to talk to people. in depth. so, no thanks. though if i put my husband 100 percent in control of our projects, we would be getting a pool next ;)

      Delete
    2. Hmm....a pool would be quite lovely. Tough call on that one.

      Delete
    3. i'm not denying that a pool would be awesome! especially in this heat wave. just the logistics of a pool vs new shower... and upkeep.... too many things on the to-do this before pool makes it to the top five ;)

      Delete