Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday Confessions 7-12-15

The United States of Becky
Working Out // I've been getting into some super lazy habits... At work, I sit the majority of my day (intermittent box picking up to/from desk) and then as soon as I finish making dinner at home, I sit and veg out with some ice cream or a cocktail, usually leaving the dishes for Morning Heather to do (cause she loves that). Not great. So on Monday I started working out on my rowing machine again. Just fifteen minutes, about 1.5 miles. And then I do the dishes and clean up the kitchen. I decided to just do Monday through Thursday, since I planned on doing yard work Saturday which I figured could count as a workout. So I did four days of not being lazy!

Eye Contact // I was on my way down the hall to the time clock at my work when a girl rounded the corner from a connecting hallway and got in front of me. She turned her head around to see who was behind her (me!) and made full eye contact. I figured I had to say something, so I said an overly chirpy hey, like I knew her, and she paused a bit and said hi. This is a bit awkward because I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS GIRL BEFORE. But she made the eye contact so it's her fault. My work is weird and there are people I never see and we get new hires on the other side for temp jobs where they think I'M THE NEW GIRL because I stay at my desk so much.

Fruit and Cheese // So if you follow my Instagram you know of my love of raspberries and brie (the triple cream from Trader Joe's to be specific). But I had bought some raspberries from Costco and I had no brie in my fridge... but I had some blue cheese crumbles. I stuffed a raspberry with a bit of the cheese and... OH MY GOD PERFECTION SO MUCH BETTER THAN BRIE. The salty funk of the blue cheese with the perfumed velvet of the berries...yuuuummmmmm. 

4 comments:

  1. Interacting with other humans is so hard. A few days ago I was sitting in the car waiting for my sister while she did her stuff and I looked up from my phone for a second a woman in the next car over waved all energetic like, as if I was someone she adored and hadn't seen in weeks. So I waved back and she was pulling out and it was very weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when strangers wave or smile! Its so awkward, and its usually for someone behind you... which I should know by now but forget every time.

      (I didn't realize you had a sister... I'm sure you've mentioned her before and I've just forgotten!)

      Delete
  2. It's hard to tell if I'm more awkward in person or on the phone.....at least online I can (somewhat) edit myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it's in person, no contest! I love being able to edit myself online :) :)

      Delete