Monday, July 6, 2015

11 year old Heather would be over the moon...

I have been wanting one of these since middle school! I have been adulting for way too long to not have purchased one of these already.

I have been doing all tracing work using windows... like actual look outside windows. I would tape up the item I wanted to trace, then prop myself up to do said tracing. Only could be done during the day, not too sunny (otherwise you can't really see), and was tiresome on the arms.
What prompted me to finally purchase one? Well, a blogger friend asked me for a copy of one of my drawings and I blithely agreed, not really thinking that I don't normally draw things for other people. I wanted to do a good job and I didn't think my window tracing method would be the best way.
Thank you Becky for making me buy myself this wonderful machine! I was grinning the whole time! I just know that 11 year old Heather thinks I finally did something right and is totally jealous of adult Heather :)

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome thing that exists! I don't know why I didn't even know about them. Hmm. And I can't wait to do a Becky Brain post. It's in the works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I found out about them at age 12? Maybe I was thinking more of an overhead projector type deal that teachers had. Sometimes for art, a teacher would project an image on the board and you could trace it. I always thought that was cool.

      Delete