Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday Confessions 6-14-15

The United States of Becky

SnapChat
What is this even. I must be old because this shit is CONFUSING. The best I can figure is this is for people (kids) that live with their parents and want to keep their correspondence secret. I guess. I'm not a fan, not going to use it. Was practicing sending myself stuff but I just couldn't figure it out... Whatever, I'm over it. Going to stay with my (Facebook owned) Instagram. THAT, I know and love.

Binge Watching
Parks and Rec: LITERALLY the best thing we've been watching ;) It's so good! Sad that we're almost done with it, I think we are on the last season. We started about four weeks ago I think. That's a nice thing about watching a thing after it's done, you can watch it at your own pace! You know, binging. Is there any other pace?

88 and Humid
We had a day that was raining but was still hot out, which was super weird (that like NEVER happens here). It got mega humid (ugh so gross, what is this, FLORIDA. My god weather, GET IT TOGETHER) and my husband noticed a weird yellow substance in the garage. I went to look at it, and it kinda looked like a fungus that grew (squeezed?) through the cracks on the floor tiles. I looked online and the best guess is that it was a slime mold that grows in humid conditions. But since we only had one humid day, it dried out and looked like that packing insulation foam. All yellow and crunchy and light weight. I cleaned it up wearing gloves just in case. Just super weird. I should have took photos now that I think of it...

10 comments:

  1. I love Parks and Rec, well I've seen the first three seasons and am being a cheapskate waiting for it to show up on t.v. again. "The Pit" is the best rock song ever! ;-) I'm way too old for SnapChat, I can barely do Instagram, any of that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mouse Rat actually has some cool songs :)
      Instagram is my jam, but all these other social media outlet things are confusing and weird to me. But I think my age and my needs are very different than the intended market...

      Delete
  2. I have yet to fully understand Snapchat. I even asked the 14 year old daughter of a friend explain it to me. I don't get it. She told me it was because I was old. O_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh, i'm glad i don't have a young person to acknowledge my oldness! i don't think i'm ready for that :) not that i was ever cool or would have known about these apps if i were the appropriate age but still.

      Delete
  3. I have never even tried Snapchat. I see on instagram a lot of people being like "snapchat me" and I'm like..."why can't we just talk on facebook or instagram or something normal?" (Next week's confession is going to have a lot of tech stuff in it.)

    I wish I had seen the yellow slime fungus mold. That would've been awesome! By the way, I just googled "yellow slime fungus mold" and it's possible what you're talking about might exist in those images...you should check it out.

    Yeah...we're not that hot here yet...but once we hit July, it will be hot & humid all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those photos are really close to what it looked like, but i'm guessing since it oozed between really thin cracks it came out really weird looking. But it was really yellow!

      I can't do humid, that is the WORST. i don't know how you live that :( :(

      Delete
  4. Hey, also: I got the sidebar button up. It should work fine, let me know if you have any troubles. ;) It's slightly smaller than the one I use on the main Sunday post, but either is good. :) Like I said, let me know if there are any issues with the coding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will let you know by this weekend once i write my post :) :) :) :) thanks so much though!!!

      Delete
  5. It's so funny to hear you and Becky talk about "hot and humid".......(not trying to be snarky - just being overcome by the heat and humidity here, lol) #fucksummer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why that one day was so awful! I'm not use to it! I feel weird ever complaining about the weather because its so temperate here but that's the problem... I get use to every day being nice!

      Delete