Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Confessions 4-26-15

Sunday Confessions
This weeks confessions:

I've been making a list of confession ideas in advance because I don't trust I will figure out what to write on the spot. I also have split them into three's, because I like having three things to confess.

Went to watch the newest fast and furious film (I think I've only watched three others, I had no idea this was like number SEVEN) and I found that I was okay with the violence and fighting, just not the HEIGHTS. There was a scene with a bus hanging over a cliff and a guy trying to get out of it and back on the road but I had to close my eyes! My toes were going numb :(

My husband wanted to seriously try to lose weight about two months ago and asked for my help. He tried the jello diet a few years ago (eat only jello for dinner for a month) and it worked... he lost a good amount of weight but he gained it all back and then some. As almost all diets will do. I told him that if I get involved, it won't be a DIET but a LIFESTYLE change. It was a bumpy road the first week, by day three he was grouchy (so hangry!) and I was going to cry. But we stuck with it, and kept up with communicating as couples have to do, and we have made some real progress. It was a learning process (and still is!), but he has lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks so far! I am so proud of him :) He wants to lose a total of 50 pounds, so we are well on our way. Right now he hasn't added any exercise to his routine, we've just been working on portion control and cutting out certain items like soda and fried food. I'm afraid of hitting a plateau with the weight loss, because I know that will be really discouraging for him.

Get your link on and read some other confessions!

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear I'm not the only one who pre-writes out some of their confessions! There have been a few times when something has happened where on a Tuesday I've thought, "Ooooh.....that's a good one!" but then can't remember what it is when it comes time to write it on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a notebook in my purse that i write down all my ideas and grocery lists and random stuff so i won't forget. But sometimes i'm too cryptic in my notes and i have no idea what i meant...

      Delete
  2. That's really great your husband has so much support and dietary help from you - I'm kind of in the opposite boat, I'm the one who gains weight if I look at a cookie and my husband can eat whatever he wants and not gain an ounce - needless to see he's less helpful when I diet. :-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to usually be that way, women gaining weight more easily, and men losing it more easily... I have been surprised at how much he has lost already. I am glad that he enlisted my help this time. I previously was trying to become a dietitian so despite the work, it's also a lot of fun for me. as long as he is in a good mood. which he will be, as long as he keeps losing weight... so a little bit of stress to keep getting it "right".

      Delete
  3. Lifestyle change really is the way to go, it's awesome that he has your help. Have you considered doing a "cheat" meal - one meal (not a whole day) - per week where he can eat whatever he wants, as long as the portions are reasonable (not restricted...like, if you would normally eat two slices of pizza, go ahead and have those two slices) - but then get right back on track after. Sometimes that helps with plateaus because the body doesn't feel like it's being starved. I don't know. Not trying to give advice because it can be so annoying and I know how I feel when people tell me what's best, but different things work for every person.
    Heights, eh? Huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has had a couple of "cheat" meals, where he has had a soda or fries or pizza, usually on the weekend when we've gone out to eat. But he is careful to still keep it within his calorie limit. He is always surprised when he does that, he still lost weight. Im hoping that will stick with him, that he can still have the foods he likes, within reason, and be the weight he wants. Just you know, can't eat a whole large pizza to himself any more ;) With soda. And a box of bread sticks.

      Delete