Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sunday Confessions 4-19-15

Sunday Confessions
Becky from the blog United States of Becky has started her own link up! I missed last weeks debut but hopefully not too many more. I'm a bad blogger friend!!!

This weeks confessions:

hangers 
I've been cleaning and organizing my "closet" and realized that I didn't have enough hangers for all my clothes. So instead of buying a few more of the slim line hangers, why not start buying the hangers I really want? And if I'm doing that, why not order all the hangers I need? AND IF I'M DOING THAT, why not order enough to get the free shipping? So that turns out to be A LOT OF FUCKING HANGERS. I may have miscounted how many I really needed. And by may I mean I can't seem to count to a hundred* (that seems like too many, is that too many???). At least now I won't run out... And if I manage to use them all up, that is telling me I have too much crap.

candy 
I ate a box of hot tamales instead of my cereal for breakfast one day. I only feel a little guilty... mostly because that was a waste of milk. This is why I can't bring candy to work. I will almost always make the worst choice. The idea was to have the candy as an afternoon snack, so it's not like I wasn't going to eat it... I just ate things out of order so I couldn't eat the cereal later (you know, cause the milk was warm). ARRGH.

wrong 
I have a problem of picking the wrong outfit to wear to events. It's either too dressy, or appropriate for night vs day, or something else wrong with it. Like, I went to the movies with a friend in the afternoon and I was wearing an outfit more appropriate for meeting up for drinks at night. She was dressed  in shorts, a tank, and sandles. I was wearing my moto jeans, black booties, and black blouse. Why so much black??? It was so HOT OUTSIDE. I felt so stupid. I have two events coming up that are stressing me out as to what to wear that would be right, so I don't feel like that. But I'm guessing I still will, because that always happens.


Read other people's confessions and link up!
*its really more than a hundred hangers. but writing a hundred felt like a really big number and I don't want to write the real number. On a post that is suppose to be about confessions.

8 comments:

  1. I am constantly wearing the wrong thing to events. Last week I went to a concert with friends in tshirt and beat up old jeans, they were dressed up like it was girls night out with fancy jeans and flouncy shirts. And I've pretty much given up on dressing like an adult for work unless it's at an off-site event at which mostly works out o.k. Mostly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily for work my graphic tee/boot cut jeans/converse is exactly perfect so I don't have to worry most of the time. It's just when its hanging out with friends, or going to events that i just can't seem to manage! If I had to dress like an adult for work I don't know what i'd do!

      Delete
  2. I do the SAME THING with outfits. I get it right about once a month, and then wonder why every single person I encounter doesn't say something like "Wow, you're really nailing it today." But having said that - all black is always an excellent default, IMO. I'm sure everyone was all, "Wow, look at that impossibly chic lady right there."

    Found you through Becky's linkup! Only a little disappointed that you're not actually a potato farmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also a little disappointed I am not a potato farmer ;)

      I'm hoping people thought i was dressed all chic, and not like, that girl has to be sweltering in that. i have one friend that says i dress cute, but my sister says i dress boring ;) but at least neither is "terrible" so okay either way i guess :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up - the black outfit thing gave me a laugh. I kinda am intrigued about the hangers now - like I want to see them and the whole organization/hanger replacement process. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i should maybe do a post of before and after... i think i took before photos? i'm really awful about thinking about blog fodder ;)

      Delete
  4. As you know, I'm pretty much an ADD mess, but I usually keep my closet pretty organized - well, it's either meticulously organized or a complete disaster; but I digress. All the hangers in my closet MUST be the same color. The color, unfortunately, is no longer available for purchase, so I have a finite number of hangers to use. I am a clothes hoarder, so this poses some logistical problems for me. Like, if I do ALL the laundry in the house, I don't have enough of my hangers to hang up all my clothes. #firstworldproblems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's either a good thing or a very terrible thing :/

      I've gone through three phases of hangers so far... I started off with the plastic ones from the container store in four colors, those are now used by my husband. I then went to the slim line velvet hangers which I gave to my younger sister. Now I have the wooden ones! Hopefully my last transition.

      Are all your hangers the same? Like for you, your husband, and your son?

      Delete