Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tacky Crafts: Attention Whore Headband

A friend of mine had sent me a video a ways back of her wearing two gift bows on her head, shouting/singing: "I'm an attention whore!" That was my inspiration for this headband. Because really, how could I not replicate that awesomeness? I really wished I saved that video because it never failed to make me laugh every time. I really love how crazy/silly she is! 

Perfect for any attention seeker, whore or otherwise :) Come on, you know you have someone in your group that would totally wear this. If you can't figure out who always needs the spotlight in your group, it's probably you. You can make these for yourself, I won't tell ;)
I followed a design from this blog. I wanted to have the bows made of something more durable than paper so I used felt. 
This was my first attempt and I learned a lot, I have some other ideas ruminating in my head for some improvements. I made these for my friend for my birthday and she loved them :) So goal achieved!


Here is a general idea of how I went about it (I used a glue gun to keep it all together):
(Go to THIS WEBSITE for the measurements and a better guide)
Hopefully I will work on the new and improved attention whore headband soon, but no promises. This idea was in my drafts for over two years! Whoops.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's definitely odd. No one in my group is openly an attention-seeker. They are quieter and more stealthy about it, like girls in high school who just "happen" to get all the attention. Grrr. Now I'm getting worked up. Maybe I should do some writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I notice you don't post about them often, are they blog shy?
      Lucky for me my friend Katrina is not covert about wanting attention at all. She isn't for everyone, she is really high energy and asks a lot of questions but those are things I like about her. Too bad she doesn't like her photo taken/posted because I have some awesome ones from our trip to reno which illustrate it perfectly! I try to respect her photo preferences and not post them on my blog.

      Delete