Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Old Fashioned

I've been on a bit of a bourbon kick and this cocktail is so simple to put together. You could make your own simple syrup... but I just purchased mine pre-made. At least I bought the kind with the simplest ingredient list :) 

You have to kind of enjoy the taste of alcohol to like this one, it's not a "girly" drink. Not that there is anything wrong with those, I will be buying a party pack of Smirnoff Ice drinks for the summer so who am I to judge?
Ingredients:
4 oz Bourbon
2 oz Simple Syrup
4 dashes Bitters*
Ice
Cherries

Directions:
Pour your simple syrup, your bourbon, and your bitters into a cocktail shaker. Add a handful of ice. Stir or shake (I have done both ways and I kind of like the way it tastes after shaking it, not sure if that is kosher or not but whatever) for 40 seconds and pour into a glass. Add a cherry (or two or three...) and there you go.

*The labels on this brand of bitters are over-sized due to a communication error back when they got started. They just never bothered to correct the size as it became a thing for their brand.

4 comments:

  1. This makes me think of Mad Men. I've been binge watching it lately and Don Draper has been on an Old Fashioned kick (not sure why I capitalized that)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like bourbon, they are really quite tasty :) I haven't watched any mad men but it does feel like a "man" kind of cocktail, not too frou-frou.

      Delete
  2. This is on my drinks bucket list, so to speak. Someday. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like bourbon/whiskey you really should!

      Delete