Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Baked Turkey Wontons

My husband feels I make chicken for dinner too often. Or more precisely, that I make chicken the same way too often.

Basically, I will season a chicken breast, grill it on the foreman, then serve with a side of steamed veggies (usually french cut green beans or broccoli florets), and a starchy carb thing like rice or buttered noodles. I feel that varying the seasoning (garlic salt, seasoned salt, etc) is enough to make it "different" but he doesn't feel that way.

Making the same thing everyday is pretty brainless and easy, which is a huge part of why I do it. But I don't want my husband to be bored with my food! So I've been trying to make a point of trying out new recipes that are still at my skill level and don't take forever to make.

So that's where I came up with trying these. And I used ground turkey, not chicken, so that is totally different right? Lols :)

Ingredients:
1/2 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup minced celery
1 T soy sauce
1 T grated ginger
2 t Cornstarch
Wonton wrappers
Olive Oil

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375.
Cook the meat in a skillet until no longer pink. Add in the veggies and stir it a bit (this is a great way to "hide" veggies or cleaning out the fridge. I could see adding minced broccoli and bell peppers). Add the soy sauce, ginger and cornstarch. Stir that until mixed.

Spoon into smalls portions onto the wrappers and use a bit of water to close them up. Line them on some nonstick foil then spray/drizzle some olive oil on top.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. I served mine with soy sauce and rice.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about making the same thing for dinner every night. Ever since Jack started on solid food (like 2 years ago) we've pretty much eaten the exact same 4-5 meals every. single. night. Last week we finally got sick of our meal choices and have been switching things up (who knew slow cooker pulled pork would be so freaking easy?!?) I'll have to try to add these to our menu rotation - they sound yummy and easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow cooker is amazing for stuff like that. I can't imagine trying to cook for a child! That has to be frustrating. I was a picky eater as a child but I did like sardines, steamed broccoli, sauteed onions, and kidney beans.

      Delete
  2. Looks so good! If you ever come up with a cream cheese wonton, I'd love to see that recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I think cream cheese, I always think dessert... I'm sure there are savory options though, I will have to look around :)

      Delete